Judging Kudu

What do you guys think about this.
Shot in Limpopo at Kwalata Wilderness
12743893_10153330958336835_5942966683861433538_n.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 12743893_10153330958336835_5942966683861433538_n.jpg
    12743893_10153330958336835_5942966683861433538_n.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 314
Here's another taken in Namibia last September. Let's have your best judgement on the measurements.....

DSC_0768.JPG
DSC_0776.JPG
 
Huh, to my untrained eyes the second one appears as good as the first one. How is the first one 57 inches and the second one 52 inches?
 
Huh, to my untrained eyes the second one appears as good as the first one. How is the first one 57 inches and the second one 52 inches?

Depth of curl.

Look at one horn at a time. The first bull the curl reaches to almost tip of the ear the second bull first curl half of ear.

May add couple on second bull but the curls are very tight, even though he has more curls than the first bull.
Rather under judge than over judge...
 
Here's another taken in Namibia last September. Let's have your best judgement on the measurements.....

View attachment 335295 View attachment 335296
I would have guessed with @IvW, he looks to have about the same curl and length as my Limpopo bull that went 51.5 and 52.5. pictured in my name tag. But I find pictures to be very hard to determine accurately. One picture of my Gemsbok bull, you would swear one horn is 6 inches longer than the other when he is within 1/4 inch on both sides.
 
Magnificent bull....very old thick hard bases and well worn on the tips....perfect bull to take....

For me it it is never about the inches but the look and age and most importantly the experience and the actual hunt....

I have hunted one horned Kudu on more than one occasion with German hunters....they were all ancient and the clients were ecstatic and the hunts hard but oh so rewarding.....

One time we hunted two kudu with one horn each, both very old and battle scarred, one left horn one right horn, same client same hunt, same property, huge place in the Waterberg mountains....a hunt I will never forget neither will my client....

Another hunt I hunted with a hunter who was on his third trip, every time he wanted a kudu but did not get one. We hunted hard, found a old bull but would only measure 47" right shape and age, he took it without hesitation....last day last afternoon hunting for another warthog we bumped into a ancient 56" kudu, blind in one eye, hunter did not hesitate and his dream came true twice on the same hunt....that's how it works sometimes....make the best of what is offered....
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,300
Messages
1,572,106
Members
169,493
Latest member
CortneyRen
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top