Joined the Double Club Now

Congrats on the new add! Looks nice!

I have been shooting my 458 Lott quite a lot. I don’t think it will be any worse than the 500 Jeff I just sold was. I shot this gun before we sealed the deal. Not bad as long as you are standing but on the bench is a different story.
That’s true!

Very beautiful rifle Mark! One day I’ll join you in your special double club ;)

Ok guys need some opinions from the double guys.
I finally got out to range today with the VC. It is regulated with Norma ammo according to the paperwork and target. I have some of it ordered but not in yet. In the mean time I got some Federal 570 gr Aframes and started shooting it. I mounted a Kahles red dot on it.
What do you all consider acceptable accuracy for a double? Here are two targets I fired when shooting the Federals today at 50 yards. Second target is two shots from left and right barrel.
First target is 6 shots 3 from left 3 from right. I shot these standing, not sitting , using a Uncle Buds Bull Bag for a rest. Widest spread is 2 3/4 inches.
What is your opinions on it please. Double rifles are new to me.
The Federal ammo is easier to find than the Norma for me also.
IMG_1557.JPG
IMG_1551.JPG

Everything looks good. Go hunt with your rifle and have fun. i would hunt with it all day long and twice on sunday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EileenMcCo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron