Johnny Blues safari taxidermy progress

Well folks the buff is done. I will post pics here before too long for everyone. I still have one or two minor things to touch up before he’s ready for his prom pics.

I hope everyone likes him. Once again thank you sir for making this a most pleasurable experience. You’ve done a great job. And Erik you need to share what I asked you to do behind the mask.

I hope everyone likes him. Once again thank you sir for making this a most pleasurable experience. You’ve done a great job. And Erik you need to share what I asked you to do behind the mask.
Thank you for this opportunity John, its been a wonderful experience and very enjoyable. I will definitely share, "whats behind the mask" so to speak. I'm putting the finishing touches on right now and then I'll be taking pictures.

Ok gents, I cant stand it I gotta give you a quick sneak peak before I post all the final pics! Those who have been following this thread will get the first teaser sneak peaks before everyone else. Including the "surprise" with the base. I hid a small LED light behind it to make the mask eyes and mouth glow when turned on.
DSC_0106.JPG
DSC_0108.JPG
DSC_0115.JPG
DSC_0125.JPG
DSC_0126.JPG

Last edited:
FYI John hasn't seen these pics yet! He's driving and can't look.

I'll probably be in trouble for showing ya'll them first.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::oops:

Ok gents, I cant stand it I gotta give you a quick sneak peak before I post all the final pics! Those who have been following this thread will get the first teaser sneak peaks before everyone else. Including the "surprise" with the base. I hid a small LED light behind it to make the mask eyes and mouth glow when turned on. View attachment 238276 View attachment 238277 View attachment 238278 View attachment 238280 View attachment 238281
Beethoven,a bottle of cab,and the mask with the light on.

Sweet, looks good!

Some fine work there Erik! One you can certainly be proud of !

That’s an incredible build I hope you both are very pleased & proud! Congratulations to both of you

Been watching this from the beginning. Really cool the way it has all unfolded, been a lot of fun. Fantastic work all around, Eric. Love those pedestals. Those trophies will bring back great memories and feelings for the rest of John's and his families lifetimes. Outstanding!

OOPS!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenusPined

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross