Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Ok so for the second time in two weeks I am eating a gas station hot dog for lunch because its quick and easy. I can't stand hotdogs but @johnnyblues is a slave driver and that's all I have time for. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: Actually, his capes arrived and forms have shown up so I've started work on his safari and figured I would take a few min while I am choking down this dog and update everyone.
First up is his bushbuck, he wanted a wall pedestal in a right turn with a specific look, after searching far and wide for a form to no avail I decided screw it, I'll custom make a wall pedestal and it will be way better anyway. so I started with a standard Van Dykes BUV-120 semi upright right turn form. I got out the trusty ol Saws All and went to hacking it a part.

IMG_4723.JPG
IMG_4710.JPG
IMG_4711.JPG

Once that was done, I installed a new backboard at the correct angle, did a whole bunch of magic stuff and carved out a new right shoulder from the extra material with the correct wall pedestal back and sweep.

IMG_4749.JPG
IMG_4750.JPG
IMG_4751.JPG

The came the matter of adjusting the head angle to what Johnny was looking for, after a phone conversation and several texts I sawed the head off, did some more magic along with sculpting and viola! New bushbuck wall pedestal.

IMG_4770.JPG
IMG_4769.JPG
EICM9220.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that that is done I'm prepping his Vaal Rhedbok and it will be mounted by the end of the day.

IMG_4786.JPG
IMG_4785.JPG
IMG_4784.JPG

Man why are you taking a lunch break?

Looking good. I have never realized how big the eyes for taxidermy are though lol.

Looking good. I have never realized how big the eyes for taxidermy are though lol.
They are arent they. Once theyre clayed in and such they look natural but Vaal's have huge eyes in proportion to their bodies anyway. Part of what makes the little suckers so hard to get close to.

They are arent they. Once theyre clayed in and such they look natural but Vaal's have huge eyes in proportion to their bodies anyway. Part of what makes the little suckers so hard to get close to.

I figured clay and shaping is what make them look more natural. I just didn't know how big they were from the start.

He's certainly a long way from finished but hes gotta dry and I can fluff him up and do the finish work on him.

IMG_4798.JPG
IMG_4797.JPG
IMG_4796.JPG

You see if a man will just stay at his work bench and apply himself........
so much can be accomplished

Very nice, enjoying the progress. BTW, that Vaal Rhedbok looks like he just got out of the shower and needs a hair dryer. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Very nice, enjoying the progress. BTW, that Vaal Rhedbok looks like he just got out of the shower and needs a hair dryer. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Lol right, after he sets I can get his huurrr did and he’ll fluff right up.

so cool awesome trophy

while some of you dare question about him taking a lunch break, no one asked about all that wasted time actually driving to the gas station and back?
like watching the progression pics though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg