Jambo! Happy to have found you

Jambo JudyB! Look forward to hearing more. Closest I have been to Kenya is Tanzania, my first safari there in 1985 with Windrose Safaris, Franz J Wengerts outfit. I did hunt in Botswana with one who you may know of, Willie Englebrecht who sadly is no longer with us. Certainly he would be the most well known of the hunters I have been with. Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH!

Looking forward to any stories and photos you may post @JudyB . Are there any favorite books you have that you would recommend reading? If I'm not hunting Africa, I love reading the safari classics. Thanks! :)

Jambo Judy, glad you are with us. Looking forward to hearing some awesome stories. Big Welcome!

Welcome to AH sir!

Looking forward to any stories and photos you may post @JudyB . Are there any favorite books you have that you would recommend reading? If I'm not hunting Africa, I love reading the safari classics. Thanks! :)
Thank you for the welcome, Christina!
Among my favorite books are For the Honour of a Hunter by Tony Seth-Smith, A Woodpecker Calls on the Right by Terry Mathews, White Hunters by Brian Herne, and Hunting the Big Five by Robin Hurt. Downey's Africa is another good read. Stan Bleazard wrote two books: Sunset Tales of Safariland and The Impossible Dream. The East African Hunters, by Tony Dyer is another book full of history. Enjoy (y)

Jambo JudyB! Look forward to hearing more. Closest I have been to Kenya is Tanzania, my first safari there in 1985 with Windrose Safaris, Franz J Wengerts outfit. I did hunt in Botswana with one who you may know of, Willie Englebrecht who sadly is no longer with us. Certainly he would be the most well known of the hunters I have been with. Welcome aboard!
Thank you for the welcome. And I did know of Willie Englebrecht. Never met him but trust you had a good safari!!

Nope - definitely not a "sir" - but thank you for the welcome! ;)
Yeah, didn't think so.:rolleyes: If you know much about Wille E., you know that any safari with him would have been "colorful" to say it politely.:rolleyes::eek:

Welcome to AH!!

Welcome to AH!!

Goeie dag, Adriaan! And baie dankie. :)

I lived in South Africa for 18 years - in Cape Town. Did you know Laddie Wincza and Steve Smith (ex Kenya PHs now sadly no longer here)? Knew they went to Joburg. But it was awhile ago. When I lived in Nairobi I was invited to the reception when Steve married Laddie's daughter. And Laddie taught me how to drink vodka (like a lady, he said) without falling on my face!

hi welcome aboard :D Beers: just seen it must have been away when you first posted. must have been an interesting job back then

Hi! And thank you. Cheers to you as well.
It was a very interesting job - count myself very fortunate and treasure the memories of some incredible experiences and people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg