It’s not much; but, it’s mine... Heym 89B 450/400 arrived today

That is a vision of beauty!

Ruark would have said that Buffalo engraved on the receiver is looking at you like YOU owe someone money! Beautiful double!

Incredible rifle. Just need to point it at a buff.

Gorgeous rifle.

Great stick of lumber on that rifle...........hope it shoots as good as it looks....and I bet it will.........FWB

CD001B48-5DC8-458D-B8B1-4F344F800D9F.jpeg

Quick trip to the range. Admittedly, wasn’t my best bench-rest and rain was on the way.

Good news is the regulation isn’t bad. About a 3” spread between the left and right barrels at 50 yards using iron sights. Also consistently patterning a few inches high. Likely a difference in hold or placing the bead in the sight between myself and the person who regulated the gun. Either way, as is it’s dead Buffalo...

Slapped the Docter Noblex RMR on and within a few shots had it hitting slightly below dead center.

With a few more weeks to tweak it; I’m sure I’ll have it spot on.

It is a real beauty Wiltznucks, congratulations! So what did you think of the recoil? Did you notice much of a difference in cheek weld between the iron sights and the noblex? Final question (sorry for all the questions!), did Heym supply the Docter mount?

It is a real beauty Wiltznucks, congratulations! So what did you think of the recoil? Did you notice much of a difference in cheek weld between the iron sights and the noblex? Final question (sorry for all the questions!), did Heym supply the Docter mount?

Recoil was manageable as you’d expect. From the bench you certainly notice the muzzle jump. Fired only about a dozen rounds today as a storm was moving in.

I did get the Noblex and mount from Heym. Definitely different shooting with the RMR. Feels slightly more “heads up” for lack of a better word. I will say the reflex made a world of difference on my aging eyes.

Recoil was manageable as you’d expect. From the bench you certainly notice the muzzle jump. Fired only about a dozen rounds today as a storm was moving in.

I did get the Noblex and mount from Heym. Definitely different shooting with the RMR. Feels slightly more “heads up” for lack of a better word. I will say the reflex made a world of difference on my aging eyes.
It is likely I will have to learn to love an RMR in the future, but I will put it off as long as I can. The look down that landing strip with the bold V and the dot is almost worth it even if you can't see what you are shooting at as well!

Congrats on a fine rifle - really like the upgrades you added. Hope you get to shoot at more than paper soon

That's a beauty! Congratulations. You will love shooting it with the RMR.

What cartridge did Heym use to regulate your double with Wiltznucks?

Heym Doubles are not only beautiful but also reliable. I am a Lefty owning a 500 NE. My question is that buffalo looks great! I am leaving for Africa in 23 days and been thinking when I get back to have a buffalo engraved on my Heym. Any suggestions who I can speak too and the cost?

Well, it’s finally here...

A big shout out to Chris Sells at Heym USA for making it happen. It’s been a bit of a roller coaster during the Covid era.

I visited Chris back in August. After firing the 88 and 89B we decided on this lite model 89B in 450/400 NE.

Dressed it up a little from the factory settings. I’m a southpaw so it’s lefty.

My options...

Left handed stock.
Left handed trigger group and firing order.
Upgraded lumber.
Silver nitrate triggers, trigger guard and butt cap.
English style oil finish on the stock.
Bullino engraved Cape Buffalo underneath.

Hope to get it to the range to check the regulation this weekend. With a bit of luck I’ll have it pointing at Buffs later this month.

View attachment 405388View attachment 405389View attachment 405390View attachment 405391View attachment 405392View attachment 405393View attachment 405394
Absolutely beautiful!!! I own a new Chapuis 450-400 and love it but I must tip my hat to your beautiful gun…love the incredible engraving

Heym Doubles are not only beautiful but also reliable. I am a Lefty owning a 500 NE. My question is that buffalo looks great! I am leaving for Africa in 23 days and been thinking when I get back to have a buffalo engraved on my Heym. Any suggestions who I can speak too and the cost?
I would call Chris Sells at Heym USA/Double Gun Imports. He would be the best person to price it out for you. It may also take some extra costs and time to get the gun to Germany and back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WandaDetwi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross