Issues with the Artistry of Wildlife

IMG_1381.jpg
IMG_1384.jpg
IMG_1380.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bases are mismatched inserts

Pretty common to use zebra in the bases regardless of the species mounted. You can always request to use back skin of the same trophy if you wish.

The mounts look great - but your photography sucks swamp water. o_O Just saying,

mounts look great, just thought inserts were normally from the species mounted….appreciate my being corrected on my faux pas

Nice mounts!! Great work. I'm sure you are glad to get them home!!

Red Leg I agree the photography needs to be better. Those were Cell phone shots without regard to lighting and shadows.

Ted, I too was surprised at the stained Pine bases. I was assuming they'd be oak. I must admit I never discussed my expectations / desires re. the bases. Shame on me, this would be a good lesson for others to learn from.

Some really great looking mounts there @Shootist43.... Envious of your adventures.

Enjoy your memories!

It’s not pine. It’s an exotic wood but can’t remember what variety off the top of my head.

I think the desire was to infer it was pine because pine is cheap. To the contrary, clear pine is more money than many hardwoods. Nonetheless, I don’t believe it’s pine.

It’s not pine. It’s an exotic wood but can’t remember what variety off the top of my head.

I think the desire was to infer it was pine because pine is cheap. To the contrary, clear pine is more money than many hardwoods. Nonetheless, I don’t believe it’s pine.
I must be missing something. It sounds like you’re saying that it’s an exotic (more expensive?) wood used with a desire to look like cheap pine.
If that is the case then…well…why? Please tell me what I missed.

Maybe not pine but I swear that is definitely what it looks like to me. No inference of cheapness, just my observation. Interesting, as Dennis did a kudu pedestal for me. The wood is oak. I do not recall any pre-work discussion of the type of wood to be used. Don't know if this matters but the kudu was done but not yet on a pedestal when Dennis had his stroke. I dealt with his former employee, Dwayne, who ordered the pedestal and finished the mounting. Mine also has a zebra hide as the insert. I must say I think my mount is gourgeous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you