Islamic State insurgency Mozambique

Here you are Phil

Like the US, France has either deployed military forces or established bases in a number of African countries. The country has more than 7,500 military personnel currently serving on the continent. Its largest presence is in the Sahel, especially in the border zone linking Mali, Burkina Faso and Niger.

Hope they clear out Burkina Faso, but I fear it will be years to undo the damage done to wildlife in a year or two.

Hope they clear out Burkina Faso, but I fear it will be years to undo the damage done to wildlife in a year or two.
The spillover into Benin has pretty much stopped hunting there as well.

To put it bluntly every single one needs annihilating, and I mean everyone regardless....then the government can address the issues...but with any of them still active they wont stop....but no government in this day and age that can assist would allow that due to to political correctness and pressure from do gooding NGOs etc etc.....but when you are fighting an enemy that doesn't abide by any convention let alone anything that might be considered normal behaviour in a war situation, then they forfeit any feelings of compassion or rights.....and you can come back and say what you want...but the ones of us who have seen the videos and photos of what they have done to defenseless villagers etc wont change our minds...simple
VERY WELL said Spike T. . . . the terrorists have by their own barbaric behavior, forfeit ALL rights to sit at a bargaining table, negotiate, arbitration, or whatever you might call it . . . their own extinction by whatever means necessary should be the first priority,

France is at present the only nation in western Europe able to conduct larger military operations on land abroad.. Britain and Germany you say..? Forget it..

Many nations talk but France act.. I salute the French forces, Legion Etrangere included..

Here you can observe what France have done and can do in Africa:

I know that as visiting hunters we are restricted in terms of the type of arms we can bring into Mozambique for hunting. What is the situation for farmers, safari operators and other locals. Can they access the type of arms that would give them a chance of surviving an attack on their properties?

I hate thinking of decent hard working people being left defenseless in the face of abject barbarism.

A failure for conservation? Sure, but again, it's been like that for several years now. Why are we only talking about it now?

Because it has gotten significantly worse with the latest coordinated efforts of the Islamists. It is one thing to have isolated unorganized terror attacks, but quite another when Islamist terror groups join together into regiment sized units with coordinated command & control capabilities and then make a major offensive against the northern 1/3 of the country. We are discussing it now because it is infinitely worse than it was even 6 months ago.

I know that as visiting hunters we are restricted in terms of the type of arms we can bring into Mozambique for hunting. What is the situation for farmers, safari operators and other locals. Can they access the type of arms that would give them a chance of surviving an attack on their properties?

I hate thinking of decent hard working people being left defenseless in the face of abject barbarism.

From my understanding difficult and ammunition hard to come by....unless you are a terrorist of course....standard they get what they want....

Because it has gotten significantly worse with the latest coordinated efforts of the Islamists. It is one thing to have isolated unorganized terror attacks, but quite another when Islamist terror groups join together into regiment sized units with coordinated command & control capabilities and then make a major offensive against the northern 1/3 of the country. We are discussing it now because it is infinitely worse than it was even 6 months ago.

It's been "infinitely worse " for the locals on the ground for lot tonger than 6 months...and as for big scale attacks the same...the town of Mocimboa da Praia was attacked and taken over in aug 20....but didnt make the international news hardly...

Unfortunately not making much headway....its such a massive area that it's very difficult to try and find them, let alone get control of the areas....massive amounts of weapons from when Libya went to shit and open supply routes from those north african countries that are a mess....

France is at present the only nation in western Europe able to conduct larger military operations on land abroad.. Britain and Germany you say..? Forget it..

Many nations talk but France act.. I salute the French forces, Legion Etrangere included..

Here you can observe what France have done and can do in Africa:

the French are present in at least 5 Sahel states to secure raw material access to their former colonies.Us Germans were driven out of fighting by two lost wars.It is hopeless with us to ever let that arise again.no chance.

The security situation is becoming increasingly precarious for the French at a cost of $700 million per year.35% !! of the dead French soldiers are their own fault.Traffic accidents,helicopter collisions like last November.

If the Rhodesian bush war (and other wars around the globe where terrorists don't wear uniforms and live in barracks) taught us anything it's the lesson that a conventional army/war is pretty ineffective against terrorists. They see you coming they drop their weapon and just become "a civilian".

Now Moz may be slightly different CURRENTLY as they are operating more like a conventional force and their numbers are concentrated in strongholds that they have taken. They can be attacked using conventional methods. But mopping up and dispersed contacts in the bush will have little results.

The Moz government has to change the way it governs the country. The north was and is a traditional stronghold of RENAMO and the government has no love nor time for the people of the north. They have largely been neglected for decades. This has lead to a fertile breeding ground for insurrection due to a forgotten and poverty stricken population. This area now has actual value and the government is still stealing all the wealth for the south. The locals are pissed off! It only take a few thousand to say "no more"! They will join whomever promises them a share of the wealth. The fact that is brother against brother is probably due to the fact that the more displeased brothers were looking for answers and progress many years ago and were more open to indoctrination which lead to the belief that they are now not only doing the right thing economically but also for allah. And you know how fanatical those types get. If you can stone your wife or daughter to death then chopping your neighbours head off is a walk in the park.

You want to do some lasting damage or change then change the governments way of looking after the poeple. Unfortunately that takes a long time and in Africa is takes forNever. Until then you need an effective infiltration force much like the Selous Scouts of old. Sow suspicion and get them looking over their shoulders and killing themselves.

That's my take on it anyway.

The uk military are deployed in 9 african countries already in various roles. We can not just rock up and start taking over again we only just left most of it.

People also need to remember this area is a massive route for drug trafficking...its brought in here along this part of the coast then taken to the big ports in moz and SA to be smuggled to Europe etc...also ivory and valuable timber to the far east..so with serious players including ones high up making a lot of money it's not exactly in their interest to want too much in the way of international help...especially naval as would screw up the boats unloading and loading contraband in these coastal waters....so the religious part isnt the whole issue , neither I would say is the poverty as these people dont care....too much money being made on the illegal stuff......just one article on it

Last edited:
Just got sent this :D Beers:

Shaun Carswell McHaffie
Well done to the South Africans DAG/STTEP - Job well done under the constraints of a limited budget, cancelled contract, and shortage of fuel and ammunition. If it was not for these 90% ex SF and SADF Men Anarchy by the Islamic Insurgents would have caused many many more deaths! What is commendable and makes me proud is the average age of these Soldiers PMC’s is late 55 to 65 years old BEFOK !
The Mozambique Army was routed disbanded and ran! The Police nullified from within! The truth is the South Africans worked 03:00 to sunset every day almost without sleep to contain this onslaught with +- 20 men 14 operational (Definitely deserving of the highest respect - very professional brave men that luckily, were well trained in the South African Military and in part, were and obviously still are the Best of the Best!!! Salut to friends deserving of respect and as noted “even a thank you” from the World Press )
Thats A First What a Stellar effort. Most Definitely not just a bunch of Anti Poachers but real seasoned Professionals who did SA proud Thank You Guys!
NB : on behest and request from the survivors these Men actualy went into hot spots and recovered Ex Pat and Locals including Bodies, to return loved ones and siblings back to Parents. Commendable and Fucking Brave Men with big big Balls!
Please share they deserve respect amongst our tribe of Veteran’s it was a great team effort not just a One Man Job! ✔️✔️✔️

Some very good news. Well done Gentlemen!

Well done to some brave men!

To put it bluntly every single one needs annihilating, and I mean everyone regardless....then the government can address the issues...but with any of them still active they wont stop....but no government in this day and age that can assist would allow that due to to political correctness and pressure from do gooding NGOs etc etc.....but when you are fighting an enemy that doesn't abide by any convention let alone anything that might be considered normal behaviour in a war situation, then they forfeit any feelings of compassion or rights.....and you can come back and say what you want...but the ones of us who have seen the videos and photos of what they have done to defenseless villagers etc wont change our minds...simple
If Mozambique did it right they'd get the mercenaries in, and stop sharing information to the retarded UN and other counsels, so they can annihilate them without international pressure

Great, who would pay for that ?

The US, for example, has sunk trillions of dollars into Iraq and Afghanistan, depolyed tens, if not hundreds of thousands, of soldiers and it doesn't have a whole lot to show for it... It has also been involved there for close to 2 decades. How much $$$, lives, and decades would it take to clean up Africa ?

Africa is a ticking time bomb. You have a continent that has an exponentially growing population. This populace is largely uneducated, frequently holds bizarre and radical beliefs, and is facing significant levels of poverty. And pretty widespread political instability. You also have a large cohort of unemployed, bored and impoverished young men who have very little to lose. This is the perfect recipe for these insurgent groups. All they need is numbers- which they have plenty of. Mow ten of them down and 20 will pop back up to take their place- they're like a hydra. Short of committing large scale annihilation or genocide I fail to see how this can be stopped by outside actors.

You saw this happen on a miniature scale in Iraq when some "geniuses" decided to disband Saddam's army and leave about a million arab men unemployed. Unsurprisingly it led to a massive insurgency. And despite the amount of troops and money America poured in it wasn't exactly able to destroy it. Iraq today is hardly an example of a stable state. I'd argue that Iraq today is worse off than it was under Saddam.
The reason we didn't eliminate the Afghan opposition and Iraqi opposition is because we are going soft on them, if we put our whole weight into operations and didn't hold back to please international conferences the war would be over in months

The reason we didn't eliminate the Afghan opposition and Iraqi opposition is because we are going soft on them, if we put our whole weight into operations and didn't hold back to please international conferences the war would be over in months
This is true. As much as I like to criticize the US, the soldiers in Afghanistan had every right to wipe those terrorists out but they weren't allowed to. Just look at Chechnya. Once it became a self-declared independent state in the 90s, it became a hotbed for radical Islamists. And guess what, the Russians eventually learned to show no mercy towards them and it worked like a charm.

Just last year an 18-year-old Chechen male beheaded that teacher in France. We need to stop showing sympathy towards these kinds of groups. They're not doing it for any other reason than blood-lust and a shoddy excuse in the name of religion.

This is true. As much as I like to criticize the US, the soldiers in Afghanistan had every right to wipe those terrorists out but they weren't allowed to. Just look at Chechnya. Once it became a self-declared independent state in the 90s, it became a hotbed for radical Islamists. And guess what, the Russians eventually learned to show no mercy towards them and it worked like a charm.

Just last year an 18-year-old Chechen male beheaded that teacher in France. We need to stop showing sympathy towards these kinds of groups. They're not doing it for any other reason than blood-lust and a shoddy excuse in the name of religion.
And the only way they were defeated is when Russia dropped pamphlets saying to evacuate grozny by a certain point because they were going to level it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruby

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?