Is this a fair price for a hunt?

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Tinie Kok, I did indeed. I'm using a PH that I believe is your cousin? Doug?

Im at south camp June 1-10.

tinie kok

Reaction score
Doug is my uncle . We were together at the auction .Looking forward to having you over . Your going to have a good hunt in a good and wild area . Am sure we'll be sharing some beers around the camp fire at some stage of your hunt .

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Tinie,

I really look forward to meeting you as well and sharing a beer together. I indeed wanted a traditional Africa experience and wanted to learn about you Rhodesians on my first hunt to Africa.

I realize we may not fill our bags but I know you and your uncle hunt hard, ethically, and everyone always has a good time.

To the other readers, I was somewhat coy regarding all the details out of respect for the PHs that facilitate auction recommendations and I was hesitant to post my rates paid in too nuanced a fashion because the rates the PHs charge each individual is their business to publicize and not really mine.

So far everyone has been very above board and helpful from the start trying to find me the type of hunt I was searching for. I'd add that the PH offered me more "South African Style" amenities on ranches with no prepaid bags and lower daily rates in several areas. I opted to take less certainty and pay higher prices for an experience with them that was less scripted in a wilderness area for my hunt. That was my choice but the PHs were willing to provide a hunt that suited me best and spent a fair amount of time assessing my desires for an African experience that I'd truly enjoy.

Bottom line, I'm paying 2x the price for less certainty of an epic harvest in order to insure I will have an epic experience. I thought hard about that decision and it sits well with me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoreyColso

Latest profile posts

I did a little housekeeping in my shop and found some .500 Jeffery ammo that I no longer need. Superior Ammunition and Hendershots loaded them, along with AHR (American Hunting Rifles). Several Woodleigh/A-Square solids along with lead bullets in both 535g and 600g. Message me for any details.

IMG_8092.jpg
IMG_8091.jpg
IMG_8090.jpg
IMG_8094.jpg
pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG