Is this a fair price for a hunt?

Doug is my uncle . We were together at the auction .Looking forward to having you over . Your going to have a good hunt in a good and wild area . Am sure we'll be sharing some beers around the camp fire at some stage of your hunt .

Tinie,

I really look forward to meeting you as well and sharing a beer together. I indeed wanted a traditional Africa experience and wanted to learn about you Rhodesians on my first hunt to Africa.

I realize we may not fill our bags but I know you and your uncle hunt hard, ethically, and everyone always has a good time.

To the other readers, I was somewhat coy regarding all the details out of respect for the PHs that facilitate auction recommendations and I was hesitant to post my rates paid in too nuanced a fashion because the rates the PHs charge each individual is their business to publicize and not really mine.

So far everyone has been very above board and helpful from the start trying to find me the type of hunt I was searching for. I'd add that the PH offered me more "South African Style" amenities on ranches with no prepaid bags and lower daily rates in several areas. I opted to take less certainty and pay higher prices for an experience with them that was less scripted in a wilderness area for my hunt. That was my choice but the PHs were willing to provide a hunt that suited me best and spent a fair amount of time assessing my desires for an African experience that I'd truly enjoy.

Bottom line, I'm paying 2x the price for less certainty of an epic harvest in order to insure I will have an epic experience. I thought hard about that decision and it sits well with me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SavannahDo

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg