Is my trophy big enough?

Congratulations on what sounds like a grand Africa hunt!
So, when are you going back?;) I'm sure you're now addicted to Africa!
 
Now that's a great Kudu! Congratulation's. I ve already take one but sure as hell I d shoot another one if he was that big.
 
Congrats sir, damn nice kudu!!
 
Now that's a great Kudu! Congratulation's. I ve already take one but sure as hell I d shoot another one if he was that big.
Me too! Makes my 50" seem rather puny!
 
A very impressive kudu sir. I hope you will give us the story of how you hunted this beast.
 
While not the largest Kudu to grace the pages of AH he certainly is impressive. You could hunt Kudu for the rest of your life and not see anything bigger. The vast majority of us probably 99.9% would be proud to have him hanging on our wall. Congratulations are certainly in order.
 
Very nice trophy!
 
Snorter of a bull! Congrats
 
I am really proud of all the trophies I took on this trip regardless of size I was just curious of out the kudu ..... And if you haven't hunted them yet , duikers are the anti-Christ , I'm sure of it !
@Royal27 will second that!
 
Congratulations on your trip & trophy. Based on your measurements... yes I’m
Sure it will score “something”. However, my 2 cents.... forget that shit. The hunt, the memory, experience, etc... is way more valuable that being listed & lost in the annals of some cheesy ass book.
Sorry to be blunt. You have a great trophy!
BWH .... that is a play out of my play book.... I think we would have a lot less problems if we didn't get trophies for the game we hunt.
 
Amazing bull, for sure!

Thanks for sharing him with us.


Tim
 
Great Kudu, what else did to hunt while you where in SA?
 
Great Kudu, what else did to hunt while you where in SA?
AFRICA 2017 -02 048.JPG
AFRICA 2017 -02 072.JPG
AFRICA 2017 -02 123.JPG
AFRICA 2017 -02 030.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Don't let others opinions stop you from entering a great animal in the record books, that is your decision. I entered my kudu that's in my avatar in SCI and in no way did it diminish the memories or experience. My long passed relatives have two public land bull elk listed in B&C that were over the counter licences and I look them up occasionally and am glad they listed them for us future generations as part of our legacy!
 
Looks like a great hunt
 
Congrats on a successful "First" Safari.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,625
Members
169,384
Latest member
SanfordVes
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top