Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC, SCI, RMEF, DU
Hunted
USA , South Africa , Alaska , Canada
Just returned from my first African Safari . I was lucky enough to collect a 58.5" greater kudu .
I am wandering if that is enough to qualify for SCI Book .

Guaranteed GOLD MEDAL. Assuming it has both horns.

Pictures?
Hunt report?

it didn't happen unless there is pics and a hunt report on AH. And Welcome:S Welcome:

Congratulations on your trip & trophy. Based on your measurements... yes I’m
Sure it will score “something”. However, my 2 cents.... forget that shit. The hunt, the memory, experience, etc... is way more valuable that being listed & lost in the annals of some cheesy ass book.
Sorry to be blunt. You have a great trophy!

Yes that will be Gold on SCI and will qualify you for Rowland Ward.

-1.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 563
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry , I posted a pick on the first post but it didn't go thru

Congratulations on your trip & trophy. Based on your measurements... yes I’m
Sure it will score “something”. However, my 2 cents.... forget that shit. The hunt, the memory, experience, etc... is way more valuable that being listed & lost in the annals of some cheesy ass book.
Sorry to be blunt. You have a great trophy!

Dude that is sweet! Congratulations! Now you have to tell us the story.

That Kudu is a stud for sure. Definitely gold medal. What outfit did you hunt with?
Infinito Safaris in the Limpopo region of rsa
The were excellent ! Everything exceeded their promises at the DSC SHOW where I booked the hunt .

Very nice bull taken exactly where you would expect a trophy like that to be hiding.
Steep hill, heavy bush...

Congrats.

This was my first trip to Africa , and I went to three DSC shows before I could make up my mind . When I met Charl this year tho I was convinced , he seemed to be the most honest and concerned about my first trip being successful . He wasn't the cheapest but his accommodations , food, and amount of game were outstanding!
Gawie my guide was the bomb , he worked way above and beyond what I was expecting ..... Even when I gave up on getting a duiker he just handed me a shotgun and told me we weren't going back without one and sure enough he was right .
Best of all it was as fair chase as you could want , I could be off some on my conversions but I'm pretty sure we are talking 70k acres

I am really proud of all the trophies I took on this trip regardless of size I was just curious of out the kudu ..... And if you haven't hunted them yet , duikers are the anti-Christ , I'm sure of it !

I'm there with you !
I figured my next trip would be for one or more of the big five but now I'm thinking the Tiny Ten would be more fun !!!!

Just returned from my first African Safari . I was lucky enough to collect a 58.5" greater kudu .
I am wandering if that is enough to qualify for SCI Book .

You may never even see one this big again, in fact I'd be inclined to put money on it that you won't. Very special trophy, congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg