Introducing....The New 270 WLFUM (WINCHESTER LONG FAT ULTRA MAGNUM)

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Check out this new caliber I'm developing for Winchester. The 270 WLFUM will fire a 130 grain WW Power Point at 5000 FPS! It will be the longest range deer/elk/PG rifle ever produced! The Cartridge will be housed in the new M70 Long Fat Ultra Mag Action, and will be sure to spawn a plethora of knock off calibers, such as the 404 WLFUM and many other traditional calibers of the future. But of course, with a muzzle energy of 7216 foot pounds, the 270 WLFUM will already handle any game alive, so there won't be much need for additional calibers. And the Power Point projectile has already been proving itself in the field for decades!
So pre-order yours today!

20201027_121755.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a joke?
(I am not joking with a question, it looks surreal)

If its real, it should go more then 4000 fps? Am I correct?

Whats the expected barrel life? If it’s more than 25 rounds I’m in!
The barrel will be threaded and chambered on both ends. We will incorporate a Savage type barrel nut, so the barrel can be be taken off and turned around when the throat has eroded or when 50 rounds have been fired. (Whichever comes first).
The threaded portion can also be used with our proprietary muzzle brake, which directs the muzzle blast directly into your eyes, which causes temporary blindness and hearing loss. (No extra charge).

Last edited:
Is this a joke?
(I am not joking with a question, it looks surreal)

If its real, it should go more then 4000 fps? Am I correct?
This round is no joke sir. It will obtain 5000 FPS in the 17" barrel we have designed it around. If our extreme length 19" barrel is used, it will will do 5071.5 FPS.

Reminds me of the

.22 Eargesplitten Loudenboomer​

View attachment 373400
This was indeed a round that we studied quite a bit. However, we felt we needed at least a .277 caliber bullet if Dangerous game were encountered. The frontal area of the bullet must be precisely .277 to ensure energy transfer to animals as large as Hippo and Elephant.
As to the case design, we felt a belt was somewhat superfluous, and could cause feeding issues in our 7 round blind magazine.

Check out this new caliber I'm developing for Winchester. The 270 WLFUM will fire a 130 grain WW Power Point at 5000 FPS! It will be the longest range deer/elk/PG rifle ever produced! The Cartridge will be housed in the new M70 Long Fat Ultra Mag Action, and will be sure to spawn a plethora of knock off calibers, such as the 404 WLFUM and many other traditional calibers of the future. But of course, with a muzzle energy of 7216 foot pounds, the 270 WLFUM will already handle any game alive, so there won't be much need for additional calibers. And the Power Point projectile has already been proving itself in the field for decades!
So pre-order yours today!

View attachment 373380
this thing looks like I can hunt in Africa without getting on an airplane. Now just to watch some long range shooting youtube videos.

this thing looks like I can hunt in Africa without getting on an airplane. Now just to watch some long range shooting youtube videos.
This is not far from the truth sir. We have worked with Delta to ensure a seemless flight while traveling with this weapon. Once the TSA has inspected your baggage, they will open up an isle seat for your new Winchester designed carry case to travel along with you on board. No more waiting in long lines for your gun case to arrive! Also, once in Africa, you will be provided with a lifetime carry permit, just for being the proud owner of the new 270 WLFUM! (Not valid in Ethiopia).

Is it true you already have a contract with the military?!
No sir. This is a specialized cartridge for long range hunting only. We take the danger out of dangerous game hunting, by allowing 1000 yard shots on Cape Buffalo and Hippo sized game. However, if Elephant are encountered, we recommend a maximum range of 900 yards due to foot pound requirements.

that bullet will melt
The new and improved Power Point (tm), bullet will withstand the most rigorous of velocities. We tested it on a large stack of Playboy magazines and determined that it will offer reliable penetration on even the thickest of centerfolds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg