Introducing....The New 270 WLFUM (WINCHESTER LONG FAT ULTRA MAGNUM)

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
Armor piercing rounds are now obsolete. This hits at such high velocity it simply melts the armor.

Tra3

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Namibia
I’m smiling here thinking about the tongue of fire that would spit from the barrel of this awesome caliber.
You would need a PH to set up the sticks and a second tracker to set up the chair your ass would get blown back into from the recoil.

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia

Zambezi

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia
Although I think this is a must have set-up I think it is redundant... I mean I've been told that all you need is a .375 for everything! Maybe you should hinge your marketing on the 17" barrel... or even better market it or give out free samples to ANTIFA but only with 6" barrels

norfolk shooter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASC
Hunted
UK, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Dumfries and Galloway (Scotland). RSA, North West, Kalahari, Limpopo
@TOBY458 How about a water jacket to keep the barrel cool. Like we had on the vickers back in WWI. One then can also have a ready supply of hot water to make tea!!!!
1603872655921.png

TOBY458

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Wondered how long it would
While you mention the 17 and 19 inch barrels I bet it's true potential would come from at least a 36 inch to maybe in the 40s at that burn rate.

The modern Kentucky long rifle is back!
Our special propellant RL37 has been developed with a special coating that provides complete ignition in as little as 9", just in case we at FN decide to develop a handgun for our new round. The 17" barrel on our standard rifle is merely there for sight radius.

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Too much fun!

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
Although I think this is a must have set-up I think it is redundant... I mean I've been told that all you need is a .375 for everything! Maybe you should hinge your marketing on the 17" barrel... or even better market it or give out free samples to ANTIFA but only with 6" barrels

Perhaps we could neck the .375 down to .17 and turn it into a real charge stopper!

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
I'm with you here!! I'll start the marketing this side.

I can see arguments in the future with is the best... this will work like a Star Wars laser!

With the right bullet design we could get a red mist to emanate from his arse on a frontal shot. Now wouldn’t that be something to see?!?

Rick Cox

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Armstrong Fish and Game Club
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, British Colombia Ca.
This is not far from the truth sir. We have worked with Delta to ensure a seemless flight while traveling with this weapon. Once the TSA has inspected your baggage, they will open up an isle seat for your new Winchester designed carry case to travel along with you on board. No more waiting in long lines for your gun case to arrive! Also, once in Africa, you will be provided with a lifetime carry permit, just for being the proud owner of the new 270 WLFUM! (Not valid in Ethiopia).
Got a few dispensaries around your neck of the woods?

Zambezi

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia
With the right bullet design we could get a red mist to emanate from his arse on a frontal shot. Now wouldn’t that be something to see?!?
If we lengthen the neck we could insert two bullets. Two ultra mega velocity .17 with one trigger pull. That would also end the argument as to which is better/faster, a double rifle or a bolt action. We on to a winner here for sure!

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
If we lengthen the neck we could insert two bullets. Two ultra mega velocity .17 with one trigger pull. That would also end the argument as to which is better/faster, a double rifle or a bolt action. We on to a winner here for sure!

3 cycles of the bolt, six shots, buff is dead gutted, and the hide is hanging in a nearby tree! What could possibly go wrong?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArtS131319

Latest profile posts

Tally-Ho Hunting Safaris wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J