Introducing....The New 270 WLFUM (WINCHESTER LONG FAT ULTRA MAGNUM)

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
Armor piercing rounds are now obsolete. This hits at such high velocity it simply melts the armor.

Tra3

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Namibia
I’m smiling here thinking about the tongue of fire that would spit from the barrel of this awesome caliber.
You would need a PH to set up the sticks and a second tracker to set up the chair your ass would get blown back into from the recoil.

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia

Zambezi

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia
Although I think this is a must have set-up I think it is redundant... I mean I've been told that all you need is a .375 for everything! Maybe you should hinge your marketing on the 17" barrel... or even better market it or give out free samples to ANTIFA but only with 6" barrels

norfolk shooter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASC
Hunted
UK, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Dumfries and Galloway (Scotland). RSA, North West, Kalahari, Limpopo
@TOBY458 How about a water jacket to keep the barrel cool. Like we had on the vickers back in WWI. One then can also have a ready supply of hot water to make tea!!!!
1603872655921.png

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Wondered how long it would
While you mention the 17 and 19 inch barrels I bet it's true potential would come from at least a 36 inch to maybe in the 40s at that burn rate.

The modern Kentucky long rifle is back!
Our special propellant RL37 has been developed with a special coating that provides complete ignition in as little as 9", just in case we at FN decide to develop a handgun for our new round. The 17" barrel on our standard rifle is merely there for sight radius.

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Too much fun!

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
Although I think this is a must have set-up I think it is redundant... I mean I've been told that all you need is a .375 for everything! Maybe you should hinge your marketing on the 17" barrel... or even better market it or give out free samples to ANTIFA but only with 6" barrels

Perhaps we could neck the .375 down to .17 and turn it into a real charge stopper!

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
I'm with you here!! I'll start the marketing this side.

I can see arguments in the future with is the best... this will work like a Star Wars laser!

With the right bullet design we could get a red mist to emanate from his arse on a frontal shot. Now wouldn’t that be something to see?!?

Rick Cox

Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Armstrong Fish and Game Club
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, British Colombia Ca.
This is not far from the truth sir. We have worked with Delta to ensure a seemless flight while traveling with this weapon. Once the TSA has inspected your baggage, they will open up an isle seat for your new Winchester designed carry case to travel along with you on board. No more waiting in long lines for your gun case to arrive! Also, once in Africa, you will be provided with a lifetime carry permit, just for being the proud owner of the new 270 WLFUM! (Not valid in Ethiopia).
Got a few dispensaries around your neck of the woods?

Zambezi

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia
With the right bullet design we could get a red mist to emanate from his arse on a frontal shot. Now wouldn’t that be something to see?!?
If we lengthen the neck we could insert two bullets. Two ultra mega velocity .17 with one trigger pull. That would also end the argument as to which is better/faster, a double rifle or a bolt action. We on to a winner here for sure!

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
If we lengthen the neck we could insert two bullets. Two ultra mega velocity .17 with one trigger pull. That would also end the argument as to which is better/faster, a double rifle or a bolt action. We on to a winner here for sure!

3 cycles of the bolt, six shots, buff is dead gutted, and the hide is hanging in a nearby tree! What could possibly go wrong?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DellaShook

Latest profile posts

Jaynecobb wrote on cal pappas's profile.
I hate to bother you....I own 2 of your books including British bore rifle. I was hoping you might have more 10 bore loads. For the heavier and later rifles. Any help would be appreciated.
Gert Odendaal wrote on Av8or's profile.
Good day , Do you still have .375 H&H Magnum brass available to sell?
tarbe wrote on PatrickMa Ward's profile.
Aha....I see you have a new Avatar!!

Nice bull!
flatwater bill wrote on KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
I hope your hunting season has started off well. I am coming to Namibia for the 7th time in late April of 2022. I am bringing two friends who have never hunted outside of the USA. I have several questions, but before I write them all, I will wait to see if you receive this. Please give a shout................................best regards.........................Bill...............Idaho, USA
My name’s Wyatt Baker. I’m a card-carrying NRA member, an avid outdoorsman, long-time angler, and a big Patrick McManus fan.