Importing trophies

Safari Speciality Importers.

Used them twice and would use them again
 
I used coppersmith for my trophies. I had really good communication with the chicago branch but later transferred to the houston branch as I decided to go with the cheaper sea freight shipping option. My trophies got here just fine but the communication coming from houston was not great, I had to send many emails to get updates. Would use them again if going through chicago but would likely go through a different company next time.
 
I used coppersmith for my trophies. I had really good communication with the chicago branch but later transferred to the houston branch as I decided to go with the cheaper sea freight shipping option. My trophies got here just fine but the communication coming from houston was not great, I had to send many emails to get updates. Would use them again if going through chicago but would likely go through a different company next time.
Coppersmith is the 3rd and final customs broker I’m using. Unfortunately communication from most is relatively poor but I have always got my trophies. I’m going to stick with them because they’ve been around the longest and have a solid reputation. Also Chicago has pretty good communication like you mentioned. Safari Specialty Importers has a reputation for very good communication but also costs significantly more.
 
D.T Gruelle Company
Shannon Woood
They have handled our last two safaris without any issues.
 
Coppersmith.
Used them only once but very good experience.
 
Coppersmith. no complaints.
 
4 x Coppersmith through ATL. (3 x Africa, 1 x Argentina) No complaints. I’ll be using them again on my next inbound shipment from Africa.

They have also faithfully supported our state SCI Chapter for years. I consider this a bonus, not the reason I continue to use them.
 
Coppersmith is the 3rd and final customs broker I’m using. Unfortunately communication from most is relatively poor but I have always got my trophies. I’m going to stick with them because they’ve been around the longest and have a solid reputation. Also Chicago has pretty good communication like you mentioned. Safari Specialty Importers has a reputation for very good communication but also costs significantly more.
SSI dose cost more but if you contact them before your hunt they will take care of everything once your animal hits the skinning shed. They will deal with all of it until your trophies get to their destination.
 
Another vote for coppersmith. Good communication throughout.
 
Coppersmith is the 3rd and final customs broker I’m using. Unfortunately communication from most is relatively poor but I have always got my trophies. I’m going to stick with them because they’ve been around the longest and have a solid reputation. Also Chicago has pretty good communication like you mentioned. Safari Specialty Importers has a reputation for very good communication but also costs significantly more.
Next time I will most likely use chicago coppersmith then, I didn't know SSI costed so much more. Thanks for the info!
 
Next time I will most likely use chicago coppersmith then, I didn't know SSI costed so much more. Thanks for the info!
You have to compare what importers do to see if the extra cost of SSI is warranted.

You can talk to Wyatt at their office and he will explain in detail what they provide and answer any and all of your questions. In my book they do more than the other importers. Is it necessary, perhaps not but they do it and I feel comfortable in what they do and what they charge.
 
Have used Coppersmith three times so far (the San Francisco, Chicago, and Dallas offices respectively) and they have generally been very professional and responsive. Plan to use them again as soon as the export paperwork is ready for the next shipment.
 
And I am a cheapskate (take my own rifle and do the paperwork myself.)
 
What is the approximate shipping per mount? Or per container? How many can you get in a container? I’m assuming it’s one of those mini pod like ones? Or a full sized20 foot one?
 
Coppersmith has its own bonded warehouse. So they can store your trophies for no extra cost if USDA or USFW are backlogged, or mad at Trump, or whatever excuse they have for being slow. The Government charges hefty storage fees for their ware housing.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,388
Members
169,349
Latest member
ivoryharbor
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top