Importing an old trophy?

huzilulu

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Im new here - my name is Huzi, and I am a Houston born-and-brought up Texan who has been living in Dubai for the last 10 years! I have a small collection of trophies (in Dubai), and I am finally moving back to Houston in the next few months!! I am curious if I will be allowed to bring some of my trophies back with me to the US? Specially:
Lion - full mount
Lioness - full mount

Both of these were hunted in South Africa in 2014, and imported to Dubai the same year... Can I bring these with me back home to Houston? Is there someone who can help with the entire process?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you SOOO much

The US Laws are different/ complicated I believe.
I moved from RSA to Brazil years ago with ALL my trophies.. then years later brought them all back again... paperwork is a mission, especially for CITES animals... I had lion, leopard, crocodile requiring massive back up paperwork, but luckily these I had kept on file, so no major hassle. Did have to get some veterinary certificates translated into Portuguese for clearance by the local vets.
Caused quite a stir qwhen the shipment arrived at the local airport... people hurried in from all over to see the "wild animals"!!

Not certain but I believe late in 2015 was kind of the beginning of the end regarding lions. Assuming you have documentation as to when they were hunted it might be quite simple. I would contact Rosella at SSI—she will know specifics

I hope you have the original documents for the hunt, export and import.
Without proof of origin I doubt they will be heading anywhere.

Send @TROPHY SHIPPERS a PM and ask them what you need to do.

Good luck.

Hi Huzilulu!
We can certainly help! I sent you a PM to gather some information.

Brickburn, Thank you for the reference!

-Tom

Thanks for the help! I have copies of documents from 2014, so fingers crossed! I will report back once I know more... Thanks again

Welcome to AH, hope you will succeed with your import.

Welcome and best of luck with the import process!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!