Important update for hunters traveling to Zimbabwe

I'll be leopard hunting in august in Zimbabwe and plan to prewire my funds/expected trophies to my outfitter prior to going. Any idea if there would be CITES clearance issues from Zimbabwe government if I do it this way? Just trying to minimize my cash to drag around.

Was in Zim last May, did exactly what you are considering, wired the daily rates and the known extras in advance, wired the balance on return. My P.H. has an American account. No issues at all with cites or export, in fact took less time than the last 3 trips to get trophies out. Zim is out of cash, banks are empty, script is worthless. You will want exact change when you purchase items, and new-looking bills. Good luck on your trip, hope Mr Spots cooperates.

Just document and source your foreign origin of all payments. You'll need it to get your CITES export permit from Zim.

Thank you very much for the heads-up.

I'll be leopard hunting in august in Zimbabwe and plan to prewire my funds/expected trophies to my outfitter prior to going. Any idea if there would be CITES clearance issues from Zimbabwe government if I do it this way? Just trying to minimize my cash to drag around.
No need for cash except for tips and personal stuff. Your outfitter should allow you to wire all of it.
Have fun,
Philip

Just document and source your foreign origin of all payments. You'll need it to get your CITES export permit from Zim.
I'm not sure about this. I didn't have to do anything of the sort for my croc and it requires CITES. My importer, Coppersmith, handled everything and I never submitted any documentation on how I paid.
Lots of rules I may be unaware of?
Regards,
Philip

I'm not sure about this. I didn't have to do anything of the sort for my croc and it requires CITES. My importer, Coppersmith, handled everything and I never submitted any documentation on how I paid.
Lots of rules I may be unaware of?
Regards,
Philip

Your PH did the work for you to get the CITES export or coppersmith would never have been able to get the cites import.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abferrell60

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.