Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Ok - this is kinda silly....trivial...useless.

But while logging some loads into my spreadsheet tonight (yes, I am a good German and I keep good records! :) ) I found myself wondering what the weighted-average caliber of all my loads over the past 44 years is.

So three dozen or so formulas later.... .391 it is!

With all the 45-70, 450-400 and 470 Nitro I am loading theses days, my average ought to be above 40 cal pretty soon. Then I can officially join the ranks of the "big boys".

Those 22 Hornets, 220 Swift and 223 Rem are killing my average!

:)

Wow Tim, I’m an engineer and you just out geeked me by a wide margin.

Ok - this is kinda silly....trivial...useless.

But while logging some loads into my spreadsheet tonight (yes, I am a good German and I keep good records! :) ) I found myself wondering what the weighted-average caliber of all my loads over the past 44 years is.

So three dozen or so formulas later.... .391 it is!

With all the 45-70, 450-400 and 470 Nitro I am loading theses days, my average ought to be above 40 cal pretty soon. Then I can officially join the ranks of the "big boys".

Those 22 Hornets, 220 Swift and 223 Rem are killing my average!

:)

Interesting spreadsheet man!

Yeah, when it comes to this stuff I am definitely a geek!

I used to have spreadsheets for all the maintenance on my cars...decided all that effort was a waste of time.

If I ever abandon geekedness when it comes to guns and loading you'll know I'm about to check out and cross the river!

I wouldn't say geeky. I just see you revelling in the sheer enjoyment of your hobby. It reminds me of the enthusiasm my dog has when he rolls in something stinky - sure it looks fun for him, but it's kinda odd:D;)

Surely someone out there is wondering...”what’s my number”?

:ROFLMAO:

:E Rofl: Thanks for the laugh buddy!
To be honest, when I first saw the post I thought, “Has Tim been dreaming of being a bullet again? My God, he has calculated his own personal Ballistic Coefficient!”

:E Rofl: Thanks for the laugh buddy!
To be honest, when I first saw the post I thought, “Has Tim been dreaming of being a bullet again? My God, he has calculated his own personal Ballistic Coefficient!”

Sadly, that is more like my sectional density than my B.C. :A Banana Sad:

What's the formula, is it weighted for the relative number of rounds loaded for a caliber, :D :rolleyes:or just straight averaging?

Weighted average....as stated in the original post. :whistle: :LOL:

Is this also accounting for all the 45 acp loads?

If he used a progressive he'd be over .400 already! ;)
Hah! You know that is...
NEVER GONNA HAPPEN
He’s way too old, stubborn, ornery and set in his ways. :A Outta:

I keep telling you guys....I don't have a progressive bone in my body!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wovoka

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?