Illegal Land Seizures and Arnold Payne

................ I had a long and enlightening conversation with Ken today............

Alright, who is operating on the property that was apparently illegally seized then?

Hi all,
My name is Graham Mayger and I am the PH hunted Tap.I have been reading these posts since they started and to be honest hoped this topic would fade away. Unfortunately it has only got worse and has developed into very serious character assination of Ken Drummond. The facts are that the land that Tap mistakenly said was stolen by Ken Drummond is the Drummond family ranch that was neither stolen or illegaly aquired and has been in the family for decades and Ken's Father is burried there. As anyone can imagine this has caused much unjustified pain and concern to the Drummond family and needs to be made right.
This is my first attempt at a post so just hope when I click it goes where it should.

Gentlemen as you know I infrequently post on this form. However I feel duty bound to correct a statement that I made on this thread in reference to Ken Drummond and Payne. I had a long and enlightening conversation with Ken today. I am embarrassed to say that I have fallen into the trap of voicing my opinion based on rumors with out confirming them and feel it only right to retract my statement on the same post. As I have now learnt Ken was infact trying intermediate between the two parties involved on Savuli- as Ken is fluent in Shona and has a good understanding of customs etc and he was incorrectly accused of been involved in the take over. I apologies to ken and Payne and as mentioned retract my statement. All the best Buzz

Got to respect that!!!! +1000 000 Buzz agreed with phoenix Phil, this is getting old not only this case but the entire Zim thing.... I love the place, and wish it was different..... but it's not and it will never be resolved sad indeed....

Only the Zimbabweans truly now whats going on right there.... so many smoke screens and things its to complicated for me and negativly impact on the industry as a whole, I'm just glad there are other issues to mention apart from the SA thing.

My best always.

I

This will be my final post on Africa Hunting and forums for the most part.

I am sure Buzz was enlightened by Drummond. This should give you an idea how much power Drummond wields in Zimbabwe. I am sure the two guys that operated Savuli including the one who wrote the original post on here were mistaken about Drummond's involvement. And my eyes surely decieved me when I read Arnold's ads selling hunts. And the guys I trust that stated Drummond was using Terry's equipment were certainly not telling the truth. Ken must be only one of about three whites that speak Shona in all of Zim and none of the blacks speak English. Thankfully he was there to translate.

I have been an ardent supporter of Zimbabwe. This year I will hunt lion in Gwaii, elephant on Hwange, finish it off with some plainsgame on Savuli. Nothing wrong with hunting on stolen property and National Parks it seems. I will use a foreign PH, probably a South African as that is just a mere technicality. And of course it will be booked through Arnold as he is such an upstanding and wonderful guy.

Uganda, Congo, Burkina Faso looking better and better as a place to hunt.

I have not talked to Buzz as he left to go on a hunt. I am not angry with him just the whole situation. So believe what you want, but I know what happened.

Good luck to all.

Mike I decided 3 years ago not to hunt in Zim anymore to me it was all just getting to complicated not knowing who to trust or who to believe... Sad indeed...

Wow guess we could not escape the SA thing after all, I am saddened by your decision Mike I for one will miss you on here.... That's the honest truth, you could also hunt in SA with the US guy that has been contacting my old man wanting to bring his own groups without a resident SA ph.....

I hate illegal operations no matter what country it occurs...
My best always

I am sure Buzz was enlightened by Drummond. This should give you an idea how much power Drummond wields in Zimbabwe. I am sure the two guys that operated Savuli including the one who wrote the original post on here were mistaken about Drummond's involvement. And my eyes surely decieved me when I read Arnold's ads selling hunts. And the guys I trust that stated Drummond was using Terry's equipment were certainly not telling the truth. Ken must be only one of about three whites that speak Shona in all of Zim and none of the blacks speak English. Thankfully he was there to translate.

I have been an ardent supporter of Zimbabwe. This year I will hunt lion in Gwaii, elephant on Hwange, finish it off with some plainsgame on Savuli. Nothing wrong with hunting on stolen property and National Parks it seems. I will use a foreign PH, probably a South African as that is just a mere technicality. And of course it will be booked through Arnold as he is such an upstanding and wonderful guy.

Uganda, Congo, Burkina Faso looking better and better as a place to hunt.

I have not talked to Buzz as he left to go on a hunt. I am not angry with him just the whole situation. So believe what you want, but I know what happened.

Good luck to all.

Mike, I'm really sorry to hear you leaving AH for the most part. I enjoyed and respected your comments. I learned a lot of things from you and will miss your 2 cents.

Sad to hear Mike! It has certainly been a pleasure having you on AH all these years. You brought so much to our community and I will miss reading your posts. Take care of yourself. Respectfully, Jerome

I am sure Buzz was enlightened by Drummond. This should give you an idea how much power Drummond wields in Zimbabwe. ....................

It can only be imagined what kind of pressure can be exerted by someone with a group of friends who carry automatic weapons and have shown a marked willingness to use them!

I hope you continue to play on AH Mike.

Go on Netflix and watch "Mugabe and the White African". It will give you some fantastic insight into how Zim operates. Please note that Robert Mugabe is still in charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg