Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
East Cape, South Africa
My 2 cents:
3 firearms only.
1. 12 ga. Remington auto with variety of screw in chokes 28 inch barrel and a 22 inch slug barrel. Both able to shoot 2 3/4 and 3 inch shells.
This covers home defense, birds, small game, and North American big game.

2. Thompson Center Encore with 30-06, and 50 cal muzzleloader barrels. Pretty much covers varmints to big game anywhere. Also covers 2 hunting seasons, gun and muzzleloader.

3. 44 mag revolver 4 -6 inch barrel for everything from personal/ home defense, covers snakes to big game.

Ammo is readily available and not hard on the wallet.

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
My bud says his o/u Valmet with sets of 12ga, 20ga, 223, 30-06, 375H&H and 12ga over a 22 Hornet as his 1st; then his Glock 21 in 45ACP with a Lone Wolf 460 Rowland barrel for his pistol; and finally his CZ 455 with a 22 LR, 17 HMR and 22 WMR barrels/magazines.

Sounded fine to me! Just a little heavy to haul around:eek:!

Bruce

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SAGA/ Cape Hunters/ SA Hunters Association
Hunted
Namibia/Zimbabwe/Zambia/ South Africa/ Botswana/ Tanzania
IF that were even possible...
375 H&H magnum
30-06 bolt
12ga O/U

mark-hunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
1) 12 Ga over under, Beretta or Browning
2) 30-06 bolt action for Northern hemisphere, or 375 HH for southern, probably on Mauser action
3) 22lr bolt action Check made, some of CZ or Brno models

perehn

Reaction score
Blaser D99 2x20 cal +7x57R (or 7x65R)
R8 .30-06 (or Sako Tikka 30-06, .308 or 6.5x55 SE)
.375 H&H if have Mauser M03 but some classical would suit wrll

JakeH

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
USA
Marlin Model 60 .22LR - for all manner of small critters fit for the stew pot or deep fryer.

Savage 110 .30-06 - for anything in North America that I’d like to hunt or would like to hunt me.

Remington 870 12ga - Wing shooting, turkeys, slugs for close range power, and home defense.

Those are the three I’d pick, but I’d feel lost without a pistol.

ve7poi

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Life member SCI
Hunted
British Columbia, Alberta, South Africa
404 Jeffery win 70 CRF
30-06 custom RMR CRF
22 bolt rifle

404 because I trust it for all dangerous game
30-06 for everything else
22lr for cheep practice and filling the small game roll

raimanparoni

AH senior member
Reaction score
1 Sauer 3000 drilling 2x12/70+ 7x65R+ 1.5-6x42 Zeiss with claw mounts
2 Tikka M65 Sporter 30-06 + Zeiss 3-12x56 with red dot
3 Sako L61-R Finnbear 375 H&H + 1-4 Leupold with EAW Quick mount

Peter Larsson

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.petersknivar.n.nu
Media
Member of
Nordisk safari klubb,Riksjägarna,Svenska Jagareförbundet.
Hunted
Southafrika,Tunisia,Russia,Latvia, Estonia,Sweden.
1. Tikka M65 7mm RM.
2.Drilling 12-12-7x57R
3.Sauer & Sohn Tell 22K-Hornet.
All with pivot mount for multiple scopes.

Longwalker

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation, Saskatoon Gun Dog Club
Hunted
Canada, USA, Germany, South Africa, Namibia
If limited to the firearms I already own...
1: Krieghoff drilling, 16gax16 ga/7x57R with .22WMR insert barrel and 3-9x scope in claw mounts. I could actually hunt everything I have available to me at home with this one firearm.
2: Brno ZKK600 custom, 30-06 with 3.5-10x Leupold. A versatile, accurate, light and stylish medium game rifle. If I ever needed something bigger, for trips to Africa I'd rent one.
3: Beretta SV10 Perennia 12 ga O/U Because I do a lot of upland bird and waterfowl and target shooting and I need a versatile shotgun.

I would really miss having a centerfire varmint / small game rifle, and a muzzle loader for special deer seasons, and and my double rifles, and my take down and stainless steel/synthetic rifles, and my small gauge shotguns, and my .22s, but the limit is 3.

dory

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
New Zealand . Namibia .
Cant do it !
Sorry .
I would be a total wreck if i was only allowed 3 wepons of mass destruction !
Cheers Dory .

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
Maybe not the perfect combo, but I always wanted a 303, 404 and 505.
Would make a beautiful safari battery! Especially if you threw in a Winchester 101 and a Sauer 202 just for good measure!

Mekaniks

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, RMEF
Hunted
AK, WY, WA, ID, FL, SD, TX, HI, South Africa- Northwest Province
I got this!!! 3 guns per caliber...Correct??.:ROFLMAO:

Ok ok.... I play

1. 22 hornet bolt rifle suppressed. For all small game and short range, it’s effective, quiet and reloadable.

2. 12 ga 3 1/2” Pump action with extended mag and multiple barrels. 28” barrel with multiple chokes for bird hunting, 24” rifled slug barrel for close range large game hunting, and an 18” defense barrel.

3. .338 win mag bolt rifle, with a good quality mid power scope. For the ability to handload bullets from 160g to 300g for everything from deer to bears, as well as long range shooting.

And then when I stash my 4th... it’ll be a Beretta 92FS 9mm with multiple 15rd mags and 125g hollow points for effective quality and quantity close range defense.....

BobT

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Tanzania
1. 12 ga. side by side hammer gun with back action side locks and screw in choke tubes from any reputable maker
2. M70 Winchester or M98 Mauser in .375 H&H
3. Colt 70 series (or earlier) 1911 in .45 ACP

I'm pretty sure I could do anything I needed to with these 3 and in my experience they have all proven to be utterly reliable platforms.

gatekeeper

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
NRA
This question is lunacy of the highest order. Let's discuss how we would avoid such an oppressive rule in the first place so we never would have to accept that. That's the viable question. My goodness!!!!!!

Grady

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA, IHEA
Hunted
US, Germany, RSA
OK, so the original question was "If you could only have 3 "FIREARMS" [emphasis added] for the rest of your life, what would they be (and what caliber) and why?"

Well, I would do the following
1. Blaser R-8 or R-93 with multiple barrels is different calibers to cover everything from small game (.223) to Big Stuff (.375). Probably a .223, .270. 308, 30-06, 300Win, 375H&H. Since the extra barrels are not considered "firearms" I think I am good with this choice. Saurer and other multi-barrel rifles are also a good choice.
2. Good Quality 12 Gauge O/U (Krieghoff, Blaser, Browning, Perazzi, etc...) with a good set of Briely Tubes. The tube will bring me down to 20, 28 and 410. This will cover all birds, give me overlap in the small game and allow for sporting clays, skeet and Trap.
3. While you can never go wrong with the 1911, I would probable go with a good 9mm (M&P, Springfield, Glock etc) Good f0r two leg protection and can use for game in a pinch. On second thought, a Sig would be a good choice because you can also change calibers (9, 40, 45) with the one pistol.

I know I am cheating by using multi barrel "Firearms", but if the ATF doesn't consider barrels or tube "firearms" why should I. Plus, if you're not cheating, you're not trying.

Opposite Pole

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SSAA; PZŁ, KŁ Sęp
Hunted
Australia, Poland
OK, so the original question was "If you could only have 3 "FIREARMS" [emphasis added]Since the extra barrels are not considered "firearms" I think I am good with this choice.

Oh how wrong you are – our (Polish) government is far more creative with their ideas. Barrel with cut chamber is considered a restricted firearm part possession or purchase of which requires a firearms licence. If you buy a switch calibre gun with any number of barrels it is considered to be one firearm but if you then buy an additional barrel that barrel is considered to be a separate firearm and you are limited in how many guns you can own. Best part is legislation does not mention anything about it, this is purely police “way of doing things” (quote from a cop when I was registering a barrel).

Kristofer Hansson

Reaction score
Website
www.goosehuntingsweden.com
Hunted
Plains game
In Sweden were I live this is almost true. We are only allowed to have 6 hunting rifles/shotguns for hunting. For sport shooting (if we are practicing it as a sport in a club and could show competition results) you could have more guns.
But as a hunter only 6. Therefore rifles with changeable barrels are common because an extra barrel don’t counts as an extra gun. Therefore I have the Blaser system R8 with one 270 win for PG and Swedish game (moose,deer,boar) and a 375 barrel for example buffalos when in Africa.
If I had to choose 3 I would keep my Blaser with my 270 and 375 along with one of my Benellis M2 for geese and ducks etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8live

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.