Identify this spoor....

observe

Contributor
AH ambassador
Joined
May 24, 2011
Messages
15,386
Reaction score
58,048
Media
141
Articles
35
Member of
SAHGCA [Skilled Hunter qualified-Cum Laude], Handgun Hunters Association of SA, SAGA, Primitive hunting [Spear @ Bow]
Hunted
R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
Predator and prey :confused: ;)

23185d1383055295-identify-spoor-predator-prey.jpg
 

Attachments

  • Predator and Prey.jpg
    Predator and Prey.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 612
Last edited by a moderator:
One confused predator... the prey is headed the other way!
 
Is the predator a Hyena? I'm not sure about the prey, I'm thinking kudu? I don't know too much about these things. Oh wait, is this a trick question? I'm so gullible if it is.
Jane:lookaround:
 
On a smaller note a jackal and impala ??
But that's just to be different from everyone else
 
I'm going for Jackal and Wart hog.
 
Whatever it is its feet are facing 2 different directions
 
Young Kudu headed south, he is laying about 30-31 meters south of where this photo was taken. The Female hyena is headed north, with a full belly.
 
:confused:Now I'm wondering what on earth could make a spoor like this...?? :lookaround::daydreaming:

23207d1383152175-identify-spoor-volvo......connecting-peopl.jpg


Volvo...connecting people! :bighello::o
 

Attachments

  • Volvo......connecting peopl.jpg
    Volvo......connecting peopl.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 524
Last edited by a moderator:
Bongo and African Wild Dog :headscratch:
 
:confused:Now I'm wondering what on earth could make a spoor like this...?? :lookaround::daydreaming:

23207d1383152175-identify-spoor-volvo......connecting-peopl.jpg


Volvo...connecting people! :bighello::o

That would be a couple of homosapiens probably between the ages of 16 and 24. They were there between the hours of midnight and 0400. I would say one male and one female but you can't always tell these days. :wink:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going with Hyena and a warthog.
 
The suspense is killing me Observe. Is there an answer to this question yet? I'm starting to go a bit crazy. I looked a few pics of tracks on the internet and so far I think I have the Hyena correct. However I have to concur with Stretch and say that the prey track might be a warthog as opposed to my earlier choice of a kudu. What's the ETA of the answer to the puzzle? Pure torture I say, I need to know.
 
That would be a couple of homosapiens probably between the ages of 16 and 24. They were there between the hours of midnight and 0400. I would say one male and one female but you can't always tell these days. :wink:

:rofl: By George I think you've got it. :thumb:
 
First photo I'm going to say Bat eared Fox and Common Duiker.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
just to be different and having never seen them, a wolf and white tail deer....:popcorn:

I want to see that Whitetail! What a monster.
 
Well, in my humble opinion, judging from the size of that spoor and by the prominent 'nail ' marks, I would also go for spotted hyena...:)

23213d1383186876-identify-spoor-4-2-.jpg


23212d1383186874-identify-spoor-4-1-.jpg


23214d1383186878-identify-spoor-spotted-hyaena-tracks-show-claws-ground.-front-footprint-always-larger-than-hi.jpg


Spotted Hyaena tracks show claws on the ground. The front footprint is always larger than the hind one

23211d1383186872-identify-spoor-2-2-.jpg







2 (2).jpg4 (1).jpg4 (2).jpgSpotted Hyaena tracks show claws on the ground. The front footprint is always larger than the hi.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,431
Messages
1,576,033
Members
170,505
Latest member
BillBadger
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top