I reckon this'll do

zim, you raised a good point.
I have a mkIX that does the same, and wondered just what you said.
pity the base screws are off centre.
some things can be forgiven, but not that so much, particularly when it shoots so well.
bruce.

I really need to take it out to 200 yards. With the rear base holes off center, it makes me wonder if this ends up being a regulated rifle, and if so, how far wide right am I going to be at a given distance further than my zero.
 
zim,
I would not hold out too much hope there.
just another thought.
one would hope it is the screws off centre rather than the barrel hole being crooked.
norma has the 232 gn oryx and Vulcan which might have certain applications.
pigs and smaller deer come to mind.
I have seen these bullets on 600 kg animals, and they are not as effective on them as the 300 gn swift.
but horses for courses.
it just goes to show the versatility of the calibre.
bruce.
 
I doubt I'll go down to the 232. More than likely, I'll stick with the Hornady 286 cup and core for smaller critters like the white tails we have on the home place, and for feral hogs.

Not tracking on "I would not hold out too much hope there."

By regulated, I mean that at distances inside my zero, I'm going to be off to the left, and distances beyond my zero, I'm going to be off to the right, with my zero simply being the crossing point between off to the left and off to the right, same way double rifle barrels cross paths at 75 or 100 yards, or wherever the regulation distance is.
 
I really need to take it out to 200 yards. With the rear base holes off center, it makes me wonder if this ends up being a regulated rifle, and if so, how far wide right am I going to be at a given distance further than my zero.
To help correct the off center issue you might want to thinks about a set of Burris Signature rings, they provide some cants that can hopefully correct the issue.
 
To help correct the off center issue you might want to thinks about a set of Burris Signature rings, they provide some cants that can hopefully correct the issue.

Well, provided it's not terribly far off, I'm not too worried about it.
 
Looking at your target your 1/2" Left, so l wouldn't think you would have to worry about being right until 500 yards with the spin drift. And even than it would be marginal
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,300
Messages
1,572,090
Members
169,493
Latest member
CortneyRen
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top