I reckon this'll do

zim, you raised a good point.
I have a mkIX that does the same, and wondered just what you said.
pity the base screws are off centre.
some things can be forgiven, but not that so much, particularly when it shoots so well.
bruce.

I really need to take it out to 200 yards. With the rear base holes off center, it makes me wonder if this ends up being a regulated rifle, and if so, how far wide right am I going to be at a given distance further than my zero.

zim,
I would not hold out too much hope there.
just another thought.
one would hope it is the screws off centre rather than the barrel hole being crooked.
norma has the 232 gn oryx and Vulcan which might have certain applications.
pigs and smaller deer come to mind.
I have seen these bullets on 600 kg animals, and they are not as effective on them as the 300 gn swift.
but horses for courses.
it just goes to show the versatility of the calibre.
bruce.

I doubt I'll go down to the 232. More than likely, I'll stick with the Hornady 286 cup and core for smaller critters like the white tails we have on the home place, and for feral hogs.

Not tracking on "I would not hold out too much hope there."

By regulated, I mean that at distances inside my zero, I'm going to be off to the left, and distances beyond my zero, I'm going to be off to the right, with my zero simply being the crossing point between off to the left and off to the right, same way double rifle barrels cross paths at 75 or 100 yards, or wherever the regulation distance is.

I really need to take it out to 200 yards. With the rear base holes off center, it makes me wonder if this ends up being a regulated rifle, and if so, how far wide right am I going to be at a given distance further than my zero.
To help correct the off center issue you might want to thinks about a set of Burris Signature rings, they provide some cants that can hopefully correct the issue.

To help correct the off center issue you might want to thinks about a set of Burris Signature rings, they provide some cants that can hopefully correct the issue.

Well, provided it's not terribly far off, I'm not too worried about it.

Looking at your target your 1/2" Left, so l wouldn't think you would have to worry about being right until 500 yards with the spin drift. And even than it would be marginal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warpig602.0

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross