I Finally Joined The 505 Club

Avus22

AH member
Reaction score
I finally joined the 505 Gibbs club. I'm absolutely in love with this beauty :love: Now I just gotta get the ammo(ordered some today) and test this cannon out lol. Then. . . On to the 500 Jeffery(hopefully) club.

20230404_201137.jpg
20230404_201147.jpg
20230404_201201.jpg
20230404_194114.jpg
20230404_194054.jpg

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the club! 505 Gibbs is my favorite bolt action caliber for dangerous game. Absolutely devastating results!

HH

Congrats a very unique club indeed.
My one good friend who owns one shoots his with 600gr bullets at velocity of around 2150fps. He says it is much more forgiving than pushing te lighter bullets faster on recoil. To my mind 600gr at that speed will be like a freight train and will be hard to stop with that weight and higher SD.

Welcome to the club. My personal preferences are 525 grain TSX at 2350fps or the flat point bronze solids that regulate with them. Started with Corbon ammo in those loads and then had them replicated in hand loads.

I've shot a rhino with the solids, buffalo and giraffe with the TSX. Devastatingly great results;)

Thanks HH, I'm looking forward to trying it out. Hopefully I'll be able to test it out sometime next week.
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the club! 505 Gibbs is my favorite bolt action caliber for dangerous game. Absolutely devastating results!

HH

Congrats a very unique club indeed.
My one good friend who owns one shoots his with 600gr bullets at velocity of around 2150fps. He says it is much more forgiving than pushing te lighter bullets faster on recoil. To my mind 600gr at that speed will be like a freight train and will be hard to stop with that weight and higher SD.
Thanks Frederik, I purchased some of the Norma 600gr ammo from Raven Rocks. Grant it, at roughly $15 a shot, I'll have to get all the supplies to start reloading for this biggun.

Welcome to the club. My personal preferences are 525 grain TSX at 2350fps or the flat point bronze solids that regulate with them. Started with Corbon ammo in those loads and then had them replicated in hand loads.

I've shot a rhino with the solids, buffalo and giraffe with the TSX. Devastatingly great results;)
Thanks AB, I had some Corbon 416 Rigby ammo 350gr DPX and it was my favorite of the Rigby loads. So I'd definitely be interested to try the lighter grains too but for now 600gr is what I'll have to try it out with.

Thanks Frederik, I purchased some of the Norma 600gr ammo from Raven Rocks. Grant it, at roughly $15 a shot, I'll have to get all the supplies to start reloading for this biggun.
We have two local producers that manufacture monolithic bullets for him in 600gr and its very affordable about $1 per bullet for one which is solid only and $3 mono expanding when you buy bulk on order bulk meaning 100+
They have already worked out the canelure to be at the perfect spot for the 505 Magazines which seems to be short on most guns.
So if you need any help on that let me know.

The 505 Gibbs is a fun one. I don't think it has to beat you up to be effective. Enjoy!

Congratulations on your purchase! Please check feeding with any monolithic solids. CZ550 in 505 Gibbs is not the smoothest of actions with these actions having feeding issues with certain types of ammunition.

Welcome to the club
I'm a CEB fan and filed my sights to their 525gr Solid at 2300fps and the 485gr Raptor shot to the same POI. It was my go to gun last August for Tuskless Buff and a Bush Pig even at 11lbs empty after 12 days in the field it became a old and dear friend
Wanted to attach a photo but for some reason I'm having difficulties

Last edited:
welcome to the club, I have yet to kill anything tougher than a steel plate with mine but a point in the future it will see africa. Enjoy learning to shoot and load for a great DG round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross