I am sick

That is the way it has always been. Right now everything is so crazy. Different sectors of the healthcare industry are designing protocols based upon assumptions and old information from other sectors. First they establish "call your doctor and do not come in unannounced." Then we moved to "call and get an order for a test if you meet criteria." Now we have no tests and it is "only testing 1st responders until we have enough tests." Meanwhile the first two protocols are still being followed. I will have to make some noise tomorrow.

I am in the industry and I am telling you right now that if your daughter has a fever, cough, and trouble drawing a breath, you go to the ER.

Damn! If you have serious breathing problems and wait three days it could do you in before you can be seen. What ails these people? I think a trip to someone is warranted.
I just spoke with my daughter and she is about the same. She will call her doctor's office first thing and we will go from there. She told me she had already come to the conclusion that if she could not get the order for a test then she would just call an ambulance and they would have to take her.

I just spoke with my daughter and she is about the same. She will call her doctor's office first thing and we will go from there. She told me she had already come to the conclusion that if she could not get the order for a test then she would just call an ambulance and they would have to take her.

You make damn sure she has someone checking on her through the night. Or you can have her text you at certain intervals thought the night.

You make damn sure she has someone checking on her through the night. Or you can have her text you at certain intervals thought the night.
I have a text in to my nephew's wife. She is an ER nurse at Piedmont. I have not heard back yet but not surprised as busy as they are. Hopefully she can help us get my daughter tested or get in the ER.

Is your advise to monitor her general or specific to the coronavirus infection?

Not sure where exactly in Georgia Newman is located, but as of two minutes ago in the whole state there are 555 confirmed cases out of a population of 10.5 million. I am not saying you or your daughter aren't infected, but the odds are extremely likely that you are dealing with colds or allergies. That said, if she walks into any ER and declares the symptoms you describe - to include actually exhibiting a fever, they will test her.

We have an online COVID-19 Screening Test

Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 21.33.56.png

ANSWER YES
Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 21.34.15.png

https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Journey/COVID-19/Pages/COVID-Self-Assessment.aspx

Allergies do not have fever.
Cold's rarely have fever
Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 21.38.41.png

Thank you. The ER's and clinics are being overwhelmed by the flu and common cold.

I do not know what the current GA protocols are.

The post was to provide some reasonable guidance on severity that is being used successfully here.

Our ER's are not being over run by Flu, Colds or Covid-19 patients.
People are following the guidelines/protocols. We are currently first or second in the world in testing (per capita).
No one is going to a hospital for testing.
Patients are arriving at hospital for treatment IF REQUIRED. Otherwise, they are staying at home to recover from the disease.

Look at what the symptoms are to head to the ER:

• Lost consciousness
  • Severe Difficulty breathing -
    • Struggling for each breath,
    • speaking in single words
  • Hard time waking up
  • Confused

Last edited:
Not sure where exactly in Georgia Newman is located, but as of two minutes ago in the whole state there are 555 confirmed cases out of a population of 10.5 million. I am not saying you or your daughter aren't infected, but the odds are extremely likely that you are dealing with colds or allergies. That said, if she walks into any ER and declares the symptoms you describe - to include actually exhibiting a fever, they will test her.
Metro Atlanta south of the airport. My daughter however is in Dekalb county - in Atlanta. The numbers are behind. Our ERs have been slammed for 5 days. No masks, no gowns, no swabs, no tests. Ladies have formed sewing groups to supply the hospital with gowns and masks.

Just heard back from my nephew's wife. She said they are not testing at ER. Only if the patient is admitted to the hospital and that the ER will not see my daughter unless her breathing difficulties become acute. If she can walk in they figure it is not acute. She advised we had to get an order from a doctor for a test or convince one to examine her in their office. This is crazy. It has yet to kick in and we are already beat.

Well I did the assessment using my daughter's symptoms and was directed to call 811 and talk with a nurse. The description of those who should call, 911 is close to the requirement to get into the ER here.

If you were directed to call 811 here. That means she would be screened by telephone by a qualified nurse or doctor and then they would be directed to be tested, in place or at a testing center.
If the symptoms remained lower than critical level she would be directed to stay at home and recover there.
If the symptoms changed on retest it's time to call and hit the ER for treatment.

If you were directed to call 811 here. That means she would be screened by telephone by a qualified nurse or doctor and then they would be directed to be tested, in place or at a testing center.
If the symptoms remained lower than critical level she would be directed to stay at home and recover there.
If the symptoms changed on retest it's time to call and hit the ER for treatment.
Now that makes sense. We have no system in place and various health care sectors assume other sectors have something covered when they do not.

Her room mates had already scheduled shifts to watch her through the night.

Have them do PPE (of what ever they can) for droplet protection.

Use Droplet Precautions for patients known or suspected to be infected with pathogens transmitted by respiratory droplets that are generated by a patient who is coughing, sneezing, or talking.
  1. source control measures (e.g., covering the mouth/nose with a tissue when coughing and prompt disposal of used tissues, using surgical masks on the coughing person when tolerated and appropriate);
  2. hand hygiene after contact with respiratory secretions; and
  3. spatial separation, ideally >3 feet, of persons with respiratory infections in common waiting areas when possible.

Now that makes sense. We have no system in place and various health care sectors assume other sectors have something covered when they do not.

Our Chief Medical Officer of health (Dr. Deena Hinshaw) should be running the world, as far as I am concerned.

Her goal is to keep everyone safe and reduce exposure thus keeping the healthcare system well under capacity.

Our politicians are listening to her and immediately following her considered recommendations.

28,000 tests done as of yesterday.

4.37 Million Population

This is our COVID-19 Stats.

Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 22.23.42.png

I hope you, your daughter and anyone else who is sick get better, sooner than later.

By the way, that ONLINE test was created during the time when the 811 system was completely overwhelmed by phones calls. It was set up in less than two days.
It calmed things down considerably.

By the way, that ONLINE test was created during the time when the 811 system was completely overwhelmed by phones calls. It was set up in less than two days.
It calmed things down considerably.
Well socialized health care systems have a big advantage when it comes to mobilizing to deal with a crises. We are seeing this now. I still support a privatized system but something has to be done to prevent this from happening again.

Yes. I spoke with the doctor about it. He did not sound enthusiastic. He said they might help but evidence is anecdotal. He also said that we do not have much in this area because malaria is not a threat here so now getting it would prove challenging.
You were tested for COVID-19? I am reading that from several others. I guess test kits are more available in other areas. In Georgia the doctor will not approve testing unless you fit a certain profile or have extreme symptoms. I have not traveled and have not been in close proximity to anyone know to be infected so unless it gets a lot worse I will not be tested.

I fit the profile. Had all the symptoms. They did flu, strep, CBC tests and a chest x ray before they would give me the test. I also had been exposed to international travelers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!