Hydros for .500 Jeffery?

Very happy with the cartridge, rifle (with a couple of modifications) and the Hydros. But I also enjoy using the cheaper Woodleigh PPSNs, too.

Ben, Glad it worked out with those Big Hydro's.. I remember that you had talked about some minor mods to the Sako, did you also end up adding weight to the rifle or did you leave it standard after changing the standard recoil pad.. Im thinking of trading my Sako .450 Rigby for a .500 J, but not final yet..
Cheers.

Ben, Glad it worked out with those Big Hydro's.. I remember that you had talked about some minor mods to the Sako, did you also end up adding weight to the rifle or did you leave it standard after changing the standard recoil pad.. Im thinking of trading my Sako .450 Rigby for a .500 J, but not final yet..
Cheers.

Does anyone has issues with Sako rifles in the bigger calibers in ejecting whereby the empty case hits the scope??

I had a Scope on my..450 Rigby, in extra-low detachable optilocks and I never experienced any issues...

Ben, that is sweet.(y)

Thanks, mate! Was a memorable hunt, the kind of cool morning that makes a fellow just keep walking, just to check over the next mountain or along the next creek. Enjoying the scenery and the birds and the donkeys, and a fun stalk on a sleeping bull in some grass - he got away, and I smiled as he went. Found an eerie place of huge rocks to explore further with my friends. Was cooling off in the creek when this bull stepped out just downstream.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg