AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Henrik Lott hunts moose and mountain caribou in the harsh country and rough terrain of the Canadian North West Territories. This is a pure wilderness backpack hunt in a hunting area with the size of Belgium and without any roads or settlements. The helicopter flys the hunters out and the hunt begins. Main game and wildlife in the South Nahanni Outfit is Moose, Mountain Caribou, Grizzly (protected), Dall sheep, mountain goat, wolf and wolverine.

He hunts open sight (iron sight), shooting a Krieghoff Classic Big Five Double Rifle in .375 H&H. Follow him on this pure wilderness adventure and experience one of the most remote and beautiful places on earth!

Looks a truly remote hunt! Not sure I understand the desire to do it with just open sights. The classic 375 proves itself all over the world.

Wow .
Great hunt in a fantastic part of the world.
Foxi

Looks a truly remote hunt! Not sure I understand the desire to do it with just open sights. .

Caustin, he said ,with a scope its to easy.
His exampels are bowhunters,so far as I know.
The youth have idealism .
Fine.

Ok now I get it! That youth thing is lost on me!

Last edited:
To each his own concerning weapons. I have a harder time wrapping my head around the modern inline scoped muzzle loaders as to why.

What a great video! Nice cartridge too!

Here is his hunt on Roe deer.

A fun video to watch. I'd seen it before. I agree, and would equate hunting only with a double rifle to a purist who only hunts with a bow. Certainly, if you've practiced enough, know your limits, and can make it happen consistently, then I say more power to you.......

As an aside, while not hunting with South Nahanni, I'll be hunting for Yukon Moose, Mountain Caribou, and Wolf this September in the NWT. I'm hunting with Stan Stevens and Mackenzie Mountain Outfitters. It is truly remote. Having just made my flight arrangements recently, I'm gonna be whipped after all the flying I have to do to get to moose camp. After several transfers in the US, I will fly into, and overnight in Edmonton, AB. Early the next AM I fly to Norman Wells, NWT from Edmonton. Upon arrival in Norman Wells, I'll shortly be met by Stan, and transferred to a twin engine Otter float plane to fly out to their base camp on a remote lake. Then, I'll take a helicopter up the valley into moose camp to arrive later that evening. It's an 8 day hunt.

I won't be hunting with a double rifle. I'll be taking my elk rifle, a custom 338 Win Mag. A little overkill for moose and caribou for sure, but with grizzly around every corner I hear, I would rather have a little more gun.....

I can't wait......

Wow we might have buffalo in Africa
But that is some serious tough but beautiful hunting in the first one.
No entourage and Landcruisers :A Band:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outlookindia012

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg