mihai

AH veteran
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunted
Romania
Hello again,
as I promised in my presentation, I am back with a description about species and hunting methods, as said a fellow hunter from the forum "in my part of world" - Romania.

Red stag ( Cervus elaphus)
Period of hunt:
- male: 1 september - 31 december
- female and youth: 1 september - 15 february
Optimal period from the male is during the rut. It is influenced by the weather, when is cold weather is start faster, about 15 september - 10 october.
We have 3 different types of hunting areas with forest: in the plain, hills and mountains. In the plain we can combine with other hunted species: roe deer, fallow deer, wild boar, and start to 1 october with wild pheasant. In hills area can hunt also: roe deer, wild boar, wolf and brown bear. In mountains area combine with: chamois, wild boar, wolf and brown bear.
Hunting methods: stalking and waiting in hight seat.

Fallow deer (Dama dama)
Period of hunt:
- male: 1 september - 15 december
Optimal period for the male is during the rut, about 10 october - 10 november
The hunting areas are in forest plains. In this period we can hunt also: red deer, stag, wild boar and wild pheasant.

Roe deer (Capreolus capreolus)
Is the most huntes species of deers family in Romania. We have very good population, the largest densities are in plain areas.
Period of hunt:
- male: 1 may -15 october
Optimal period for the male: 1 may - 15 june(when the vegetation is low) and 20 july - 10 august(during the rut).
We hunt in plain areas with forests and agricultural crops, or hills areas with forests, agricultural crops and meadows. We can combine with wild boar.

Chamois (Rupicapra rupicapra carpatica)
Is the largest chamois in the world, as body but also like as trophy.
Period of hunt: 1 september - 15 december
Optimal period: 1 september - 30 november, before snowing heavily in the mountains.
We hunt in the Carpathian Mountain. In this type of hunt we need a good physical condition, because we must climb up 3 - 4 hours.
We have 2 types of hunting area: one lower at altitude of 1000 - 1500 m where the hunt is in the forests areas, another in mountain peaks at 2000 - 2500 m. We can hunt also: red stag, wild boar, brown bear and wolf.
Hunting method: stalking

Wild boar (Sus scrofa)
Wild boars driven hunt is the most popular and excited hunting method in Romania.
Romania do not have a very very big population of wild boars like others countries, but is the place where if you have luck can hunt bigs males over 250-300 kg.
Period of hunt:
- male: all year
- female and youth: 1 june - 31 january
Optimal period:
- waiting at feeding places: january - may ; october - december
- driven hunt with dogs: 1 november -31 january
We hunt in forests plains, forest hills and mountains. Depending of the period and hunting area we can combine with: roe deer, stag, fallow deer, chamois, brown bear, wolf and small game.
Hunting methods: stalking, waiting in hight seat and driven hunt.

Brown bear (Ursus arctos)
Romania is the country with the largest population of brown bears in Europe, in this moment it is estimated there are almost 6000. Is the species that makes most damage in agricultural and domestic animals industry.
Period of hunt: 15 march - 14 may ; 1 october - 31 december
Optimal period: 1 april - 10 may (waiting in hight seat at feeding places) ; 20 october - 30 november (waiting in hight seat at feeding places and driven hunt).
We hunt in forests hills and mountains. Depending of the hunting period we can combine with: roe deer, stag, chamois, wild boar and wolf.
Hunting methods: waiting in hight seat, stalking and driven hunt with wild boars.

Wolf (Canis lupu)
Period if hunt: 15 september - 31 march
Optimal period: 1 december -31 march, better with snow
In this period we can hunt also: wild boar, stag and brown bear.
Hunting methods: waiting in hight seat and mixed driven hunt with wild boars and brown bears.

Small games
Hare (Lepus europaeus):
priod of hunt 1 november - 31 january
Pheasant (Phasianus colchicus) : period of hunt 1 october - 28 february
The best is a mixed hunting of hares and wild pheasants(we do not put from the farms!!!) in 1 november - 15 january.
Quails (Coturnix coturnix): period of hunt is 15 august - 31 october, best period in 15 august - 10 september. We hunt with dogs.
Skylarks (Alauda arvensis): period of hunt is 15 september - 31 october, best in october.
Fieldfares (Turdus family): period of hunt is 1 september - 28 february, best in november - january.

I hope I have been helpful with this information about hunting in Romania. If you have any questions, I answer with pleasure.

Regards, Mihai.

Mihai, would be great to see some photos of the animals you have hunted.

I would love to come hunt in Romania, stalking Wild Boar.

Spring 2016.
IMG_3497.JPG

IMG_3065.JPG

IMG_3585.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Some great looking bears! congratulations and thank you for sharing.

Thanks! It is a pleasure to share with you.

nice pics, thanks for sharing!

Thank you for sharing the information and photos.

Great looking bear! Congrats.

Those are some huge Roe Bucks!

Congratulations on that red stag! And what beautiful countryside.

Thank you for sharing.

Nice stag!

Thanks. I'am glad, because I hear more and more hunters as they liked our country.

Hello again,
as I promised in my presentation, I am back with a description about species and hunting methods, as said a fellow hunter from the forum "in my part of world" - Romania.

Red stag ( Cervus elaphus)
Period of hunt:
- male: 1 september - 31 december
Optimal period from the male is during the rut. It is influenced by the weather, when is cold weather is start faster, about 15 september - 10 october.
We have 3 different types of hunting areas with forest: in the plain, hills and mountains. In the plain we can combine with other hunted species: roe deer, fallow deer, wild boar, and start to 1 october with wild pheasant. In hills area can hunt also: roe deer, wild boar, wolf and brown bear. In mountains area combine with: chamois, wild boar, wolf and brown bear.

Fallow deer (Dama dama)
Period of hunt:
- male: 1 september - 15 december
Optimal period for the male is during the rut, about 10 october - 10 november
The hunting areas are in forest plains. In this period we can hunt also: red deer, stag, wild boar and wild pheasant.

Roe deer (Capreolus capreolus)
Is the most huntes species of deers family in Romania. We have very good population, the largest densities are in plain areas.
Period of hunt:
- male: 1 may -15 october
Optimal period for the male: 1 may - 15 june(when the vegetation is low) and 20 july - 10 august(during the rut).
We hunt in plain areas with forests and agricultural crops, or hills areas with forests, agricultural crops and meadows. We can combine with wild boar.

Chamois (Rupicapra rupicapra carpatica)
Is the largest chamois in the world, as body but also like as trophy.
Period of hunt: 1 september - 15 december
Optimal period: 1 september - 30 november, before snowing heavily in the mountains.
We hunt in the Carpathian Mountain. In this type of hunt we need a good physical condition, because we must climb up 3 - 4 hours.
We have 2 types of hunting area: one lower at altitude of 1000 - 1500 m where the hunt is in the forests areas, another in mountain peaks at 2000 - 2500 m. We can hunt also: red stag, wild boar, brown bear and wolf.
Hunting method: stalking

Wild boar (Sus scrofa)
Wild boars driven hunt is the most popular and excited hunting method in Romania.
Romania do not have a very very big population of wild boars like others countries, but is the place where if you have luck can hunt bigs males over 250-300 kg.
Period of hunt:
- male: all year
- female and youth: 1 june - 31 january
Optimal period:
- waiting at feeding places: january - may ; october - december
- driven hunt with dogs: 1 november -31 january
We hunt in forests plains, forest hills and mountains. Depending of the period and hunting area we can combine with: roe deer, stag, fallow deer, chamois, brown bear, wolf and small game.
Hunting methods: stalking, waiting in hight seat and driven hunt.

Brown bear (Ursus arctos)
Romania is the country with the largest population of brown bears in Europe, in this moment it is estimated there are almost 6000. Is the species that makes most damage in agricultural and domestic animals industry.
Period of hunt: 15 march - 14 may ; 1 october - 31 december
Optimal period: 1 april - 10 may (waiting in hight seat at feeding places) ; 20 october - 30 november (waiting in hight seat at feeding places and driven hunt).
We hunt in forests hills and mountains. Depending of the hunting period we can combine with: roe deer, stag, chamois, wild boar and wolf.
Hunting methods: waiting in hight seat, stalking and driven hunt with wild boars.

Wolf (Canis lupu)
Period if hunt: 15 september - 31 march
Optimal period: 1 december -31 march, better with snow
In this period we can hunt also: wild boar, stag and brown bear.
Hunting methods: waiting in hight seat and mixed driven hunt with wild boars and brown bears.

Small games
Hare (Lepus europaeus):
priod of hunt 1 november - 31 january
Pheasant (Phasianus colchicus) : period of hunt 1 october - 28 february
The best is a mixed hunting of hares and wild pheasants(we do not put from the farms!!!) in 1 november - 15 january.
Quails (Coturnix coturnix): period of hunt is 15 august - 31 october, best period in 15 august - 10 september. We hunt with dogs.
Skylarks (Alauda arvensis): period of hunt is 15 september - 31 october, best in october.
Fieldfares (Turdus family): period of hunt is 1 september - 28 february, best in november - january.

I hope I have been helpful with this information about hunting in Romania. If you have any questions, I answer with pleasure.

Regards, Mihai.
Wow!! Thank you so much! Once I find out when and where I will be I will be definitely contacting you again and hopefully get to hunting!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg