Hunting dogs

Mine isn't great at hunting, but does enjoy heavy machinery...
20210830_140400.jpg
 
There is nothing like hunting with your dog.

You are 100% correct, and I didn't know that until I started hunting with Savannah. I have a mount of the first two pheasants she retrieved. :)
 
I hunt with a Deutsch Drahthaar. He's just turned two years old, and needs some training and more hunting time to be fully developed. In the meantime we're having fun. And he's good companion around a campfire.

IMG_4710.jpeg
IMG_3817.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I love hunting with dogs, but at this point in life I do not have the time or the place that a good hunting dog would merit :)
 
Beautiful dogs. This is my old girl Savannah, she is chasing roosters in the green fields of puppy heaven. When she was out on the field, she was hair on fire, with only one speed, full throttle :ROFLMAO:

I still miss her, and have not gotten another Lab. :(

View attachment 464176
I unfortunately lost my old girl to the happy hunting grounds beyond. While there's no replacing them, my new pup is a companion to our German Shepherd (non hunter), and will hopefully grow to be another great one.

242590_1813370132403_2909986_o.jpg
 
Beans (English Cocker Spaniel) and her first pheasant. Her flushing and retrieving was never in doubt. My shooting can be in doubt. ECS’s don’t give you that condemning look when one misses like the look a Labrador retriever will give you.

1651234620275.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Beans (English Cocker Spaniel) and her first pheasant. Her flushing and retrieving was never in doubt. My shooting can be in doubt. ECS’s don’t give you that condemning look when one misses like the look a Labrador retriever will give you.

View attachment 464328

You mean like this? Little guy brought his master the empty shell to remind him that he missed the bird. LOL!!!!!!

Puppy in Training.jpg
 
Last edited:
Currently running a pointing black lab and a chesapeake bay retriever. The lab has possibly the best nose of any dog I've ever worked with and the chessie is a strong and powerful swimmer as one should expect. They both turn four this year and have really come along well.

resize judge.JPG
resize rossi.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
We are a spoiled Llewelyn Setter family. 3 year old Rusty is my current birder. Duke in the middle passed last November at 14. Best dog I have ever known . It was a privilege to have known him . The far right is my sons dog Rowdy. Pure spoiled rotten bed warmer.View attachment 464834Rusty is also learning the finer points of beer drinking in the off season!
 
AA6B0102-6D08-4B3E-8D48-C50048CB1E9F.jpeg

My goofball at 9 months last fall. He’s got a good start on dove, ducks, pheasant and quail.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,314
Messages
1,572,597
Members
169,592
Latest member
digitalonetick
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top