AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
diana
Hunted
namibia,southafrica,zimbabwe,sweden,france,mauritus,switzerland
what's your hunting dog?:confused:
this is my hunting dog it's a "courant lucernoi" (this is how we call them in french)

watermark.php

we use them to hunt:Wild boar ,Roe deer ,reed deer.;):dog:

Attachments

• Photo du 46549173-03- à 12.55.jpg
    Photo du 46549173-03- à 12.55.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 254
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, thats a Luserne støver. In Norway its used for hunting hares. It comes from Switzerland? I think they have some similar dogs in USA called bluetick? Maybe some of our American friends know more about this.
I have a Norwegian moose dog which I use for moose and red deer. I just got a Jack Russel terrier as well, planning to use it on roedeer, red deer, fox and badger.

Hey, thats a Luserne støver. In Norway its used for hunting hares. It comes from Switzerland? I think they have some similar dogs in USA called bluetick? Maybe some of our American friends know more about this.
I have a Norwegian moose dog which I use for moose and red deer. I just got a Jack Russel terrier as well, planning to use it on roedeer, red deer, fox and badger.
yep it come from switzerland(like me:D).accualy it hunts fox too;)

Are these dogs used to chase and bay or?

Canada, although he has hunted in many states too.

I don't have any dogs now, but I have owned, hunted with and bred Wire Haired Dachshunds since 1994 till last year.
I have also owned a German Longhaired Pointer(Deutsch Langhaar) that I used for hunting.
I hope to import a German Longhaired Pointer puppy from Germany 2-3 years from now.
Great versatile hunting dogs.

Here is one of mine and exactly what he gets used for.

watermark.php

watermark.php

Very nice BB! Nothing more enjoyable than a pheasant hunt over good dogs! For myself, I'm out of the hunting dog scene and it's killing me. Lost my Lacy, a black Labrador Retriever a couple years ago. She literally grew up with my oldest son, just two kids playing together. But she was a very good dog for me when I waterfowl hunted with her in Idaho. We were on our way to getting her AKC Senior Hunt Test title when I moved to Phoenix. Phoenix is no place for a Lab and it will still be awhile before I can bring another one in the house. The wife may be the queen of the house, but Lacy was our princess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it used for tracking then or how do you hunt with it?

In fact they do chase... barking.

For roedeer, you will let the dog go and the roedeer will circulate in the forest, very often coming back to its starting point after an hour or so. Just need to be at the right place at the right time and shoot at a (fast) running animal.
For red deer and wild board, we look for tracks in the morning, the circle portion of the forest for exit. If we have entries and no exit, you know the animals are within the circle. You then post hunters at strategical locations (game path) and let the dogs go in this circle. Again, the animal will move out fast and you need to shoot at running game, most of the time open sight or red dots...

It is a fun hunt

In fact they do chase... barking.

For roedeer, you will let the dog go and the roedeer will circulate in the forest, very often coming back to its starting point after an hour or so. Just need to be at the right place at the right time and shoot at a (fast) running animal.
For red deer and wild board, we look for tracks in the morning, the circle portion of the forest for exit. If we have entries and no exit, you know the animals are within the circle. You then post hunters at strategical locations (game path) and let the dogs go in this circle. Again, the animal will move out fast and you need to shoot at running game, most of the time open sight or red dots...

It is a fun hunt
exactly

It's been a while for this thread. It needs a revival.

IMG_3029.jpeg

The latest arrival at our house. Watch out Pheasants!

IMG_4173.jpeg

13 and still tracking wounded birds

The current horse power of the bird hunting engine.
IMG_4169.jpeg

IMG_4182.jpeg

It's been a while for this thread. It needs a revival.

View attachment 464168
The latest arrival at our house. Watch out Pheasants!

View attachment 464169
13 and still tracking wounded birds

The current horse power of the bird hunting engine.
View attachment 464170
View attachment 464171
Great dogs.

My cousin had a Springer/Brittany mix. Was the best dog I've hunted behind. When she was 14, she still came out in the field with us, with her failing eyesight. She was running essentially on nose alone, went on point, I kicked and shot the pheasant, she found it, and on her way back with bird in mouth, went on point again, kick and bam, double. She succumbed shortly thereafter, but gave her all every time in the field.

Beautiful dogs. This is my old girl Savannah, she is chasing roosters in the green fields of puppy heaven. When she was out on the field, she was hair on fire, with only one speed, full throttle :ROFLMAO:

I still miss her, and have not gotten another Lab. :(

Savannah_I.JPG

Here is a pic of my hunting companion, she has to always be right by my side everywhere I go and hates to be left at home. But she is a hunting fool, loves to find birds! Although she is 9 years old now and starting to slow down.

Maggie.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross