Hunter without a Rifle

Miran

Reaction score
Media
Hunted
RSA
Hi guys. Just wanted to say hello. I used this site extensively for my hunts. I'm from Bangladesh, where we don't have legal hunting and no one's allowed to own rifles of almost any calibre and hand guns only up to .32.

In the last 4 years I have shot a buffalo, an Elephant, multiple plains game in South Africa and Bostwana.

My first hunt in RSA was 4 years ago and that was also the first time I shot anything larger than a bird and also the first time I ever saw a .378 rifle.

My hunt in Botswana last month was with Johan Calitz Safaris. My dad took a 70 pounder and I took a 60 pounder, with one shot to the brain. I was shooting a .500 double. A rental!

I've had some great experiences and also been ripped off.

Happy to share my experiences with any other beginners.

My outfitters were Swanepoel & Scandrol, PH Pierre Vorster and Johan Calitz Safaris with Joekie du Toit and Terry Palmer.

I've hunted Moketsi Game Ranch in the Free State, Klasseire in Kruger, NG41 in Botswana and a ranch near Maun.

I'm already booked for 2014 for 2 elephants with Johan Calitz in NG41.

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Welcome to the forum, Miran !

Bobpuckett

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
Hunted
USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
Welcome to AH Miran! Sounds like you've been having a lot of fun for a man without a gun. Please feel free to post some hunting reports and photos of your hunts.

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
AfricaHunting.com
Media
Articles
Welcome to AH Miran! Glad you decided to chime in... looking forward to seeing some of your pictures and having you share your experience with all of us!

James.Grage

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
Hunted
USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Miran

You will find that the best PH - Operators have nice rifles to rent while on a safari.

These are both plains or Dangerous Game rifles.

While hunting in Tanzania, South Africa and Zimbabwe the PH's i used let me see rifles that they have available to clients to rent/use...from 300 win mag, 338 win mag, 6.2 X 64 (?), 375 H & H, 450 NE double, and a few large bore rifles that i did not put the information down on.

My advise on renting rifles when on a safari, are to ask what rifles will be available and what ammunition you will be using. Also if you are able to take Ammo, Ask what ammo the rifle is set up for and i take what i can and leave what i have left over.

Miran

Reaction score
Media
Hunted
RSA
View attachment 14094

Thanks guys. Here's a photo of our last trophy. The inside one's are my dad's. One tusk is exactly 71 pounds and the other 70. The outside ones are mine. 60 pounds exactly.

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Welcome to AH! You have hunted with some good guys already!

JANEZ L

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
LZS/ZLDGorenjske/LD Begunjscica
Hunted
Slovenia, Croatia, Austria
Lp!

:welcome: :beer:

Lovski zdravo
Hunting hello
Janez L

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Miran, Welcome. I hope you share your stories (good and bad) and pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmanuelO8

Latest profile posts

flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.