Hunter from Brazil

marcelpb

Reaction score
Hello! I'm from Brazil, a country that is really not friendly to guns and despite it's great fauna, hunting is a crime!
So, I did my big game hunting in our neighbor country Argentina, where I was able to hunt water buffalo, black antelope, pecary, axis deer and wild goat. Then I stop hunting for almost 20 years ( I'm 50y now ) and gave up all my guns, tired with all the red tape to get equipment and shooting supplies and to take care of my family and career.
Well, I'm back!
I resumed my hunting activities last november with a nice 4 russian boars hunt in Uruguay in a farm called "Rincon de los Matreros".
In fact, I got so excited to be back in the woods, in a farm and the hunting itself that I'm going to Africa in may!
I booked a hunt in Namibia, after some research and chat with another brazilian hunter that went to that farm "Etosha View Hunt" and liked a lot. I'll be after trophy warthogs, kudu, orix, impala and other good quality antelopes I come across. "Let's Africa decide"I read somewhere else...
So that's it! I'm doing my work outs to stay fit, reading a lot of books on safaris, watching loads of videos to learn all I can. And that's why I'm here in the forum besides socialize with fellow hunters: to learn.
Funny fact: I won't get my own hunting rifle until next year ( the burocracy...)! I practice my shooting only with pcp air rifles and maybe, just maybe I will be able to get a CZ 452 in 22lr before going to Africa.

Welcome to AH marcelpb! Great intro, glad you found us and decided to join in the conversation. Looking forward to your participation. I did a lot of practicing on air rifle myself and still love shooting them.

Welcome to AH.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH sir!

Welcome to AH!

Bem vindo senhor !

Welcome to the site. I used an air rifle to help tune up my shooting skills prior to going to Africa last summer. The air rifles we used were Olympic grade firearms. Even though they are of the older single cock variety they are still extremely accurate. Practice at 10 meters using an air rifle target can be an eye opener. In addition to off-hand practice the air rifles can also be used off shooting sticks similar to the ones you will be expected to use in Africa. I have hunted wild boar several times. They can be challenging and a lot of fun at the same time. Keep your eye open for posts by the other Brazilian members on AH.

Welcome to AH marcelpb! Nice to have you as part of our community, really looking forward to your input.

Welcome to this great forum marcelpb!

Welcome to AH, good to see you decided to join the hunting community again!

Welcome!

Bem-vindo, Marcel !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.