Hunt Auction from Chris Troskie Safaris for 2010 or 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I having been watching this with interest and I am going to throw a little twist in here for all too consider. I know this will in a way be self-serving for our SCI Chapter, but what the heck?

I have noticed a few bidders posting with their bids going to an as yet undetermined SCI chapter. I realize that lots of people do not yet belong to SCI, and many who are members do not actually belong to a chapter.........which could be keeping some of you from bidding on this hunt.

We recently started a new SCI chapter in Manitoba, Canada and in fact just received our charter at the SCI Convention a few days ago. Our plan is to use future proceeds to help support big game studies in our province, to fund youth initiatives and hunter advocacy. Our first fundraising banquet is still months away.

So for Canadian hunters out there who would like to bid and who do not belong to SCI or to a chapter, the SCI Manitoba chapter would be very appreciative in receiving the funds from you if you are the successful bidder. You can be sure the money would be used for worthwhile projects that further wildlife conservation and promote hunting. Just something to think about if you have been hesitating to bid.

And lastly I would like to encourage all of you who do not belong to SCI or to a local chapter, to take the plunge and join. It is the premier hunting organization in the world and it fights the good fight for wildife and hunters all over the globe and in your back yard. :)

End of plug........back to regular programming.;)

Thank you!

Thank you for your bid FFemt5287!

to whom ever wins this auction you will not be disappointed. I hunted with Chris on my first safaris this last May-June and had the best hunting experience of my life. I am an outfitter here in the states and have been hunting over 30 yrs and can honestly say he runs a first class operation. Chris dose as advertised and will not over sell him self he tells as it is instead of what everybody wants to hear. I did not get all the animals that I was after but that is hunting and chris put in every effort to make it a hunt of a life time.
(Chris that sure is a good lookin Nyala and Kudu you have in this post) Good luck to all and I wish I could do this hunt myself.

Thanks Kevin!

Thank you for that vote of confidence Kevin! It was a pleasure and honor to host you, Dad, Art and Sharon and I'm looking forward to our next hunt together! Hope that video gets to you soon. Lemme know!

Thanks also to everybody who has placed their bids so far! Keep them coming - it's for a good cause!!!

I guess I should have elaborated on the animals I did take or did not take. The only animal I did not get was my waterbuck. I hunted for 10 days and took Kudu, Eland, Nyala, Blesbok, warthog, Impala, Black and Blue wildebeest. Not many hunts you can do and have a 90 percent harvest rate and all animals were top notch.
Again thanks Chris.

6 days before the end of Chris Troskie Safaris' Hunt Auction. An amazing price for who ever ends up getting it!

I'm very surprised this isn't getting more bids.......

Another 3 hours before Chris Troskie Safaris' auction closes!

Hmmm, does this mean I win??

Yes it does! Congratulations FFemt5287!
Thank you and please let us know which SCI chapter you wish to make your donation to so that we can finalize the auction payment. Not to influence your decision, but if you are as of yet still undecided about the chapter, I appreciated Skyline suggestion to help his newly formed SCI chapter... but of course the decision is yours.
Do not hesitate to contact Chris in regard to your hunt. I know that you will have an amazing safari with him and he'll take good care of you. Take lots of pictures!

Thank you very much, Jerome! Since I'm a recently new member of the Connecticut chapter, I feel that they should receive my donation. They are a recently formed chapter. I will be contacting Chris soon to coordinate this hunt, as I'm going to try and catch the week in SA after my 12 days with Martin Pieters in Zimbabwe.

Thank you both for this great opportunity!

Congradulations! I hope you have a super hunt!

Congrats to you on being the winning bidder on this hunt. I hope you have a wonderful time. And congrats to the chapter you have chosen also.:D

Sounds good FFemt5287. Can you please let me know which chapter specifically that you are going to make the donation to as I need to touch base with them.

Jerome, PM sent.

Congrats

Congratulations to you FFemt for being the winner of the auction and thank you for your most generous bid.

Thank you to all our other members who participated in the auction and thank you Jerome for the opportunity to make this happen.

FFemt, I have received your private email and will be in touch with you. I'm sure we'll have a great hunt together.

Thanks again everyone!

Regards,

I also would like to thank everyone who participated and most of all thank you to Chris and Chris Troskie Safaris for offering this generous hunting safari to a member of our community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg