Hunt a Dinosaur save a child

Fred Gunner

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
As a toddler Gunner my father read me stories of Africa and I dreamed of hunting a Man-eater....After years of studying everything I can find there is a living fossil that routinely preys on humans living in vulnerable African Communities. The Nile Crocodile has been added to my African To-Do-List...

Killing these notorious man-eaters is a way for hunters to directly help protect the local communities, while enjoying an African Safari Adventure:

Zimbabwean girl, 11, says she wrestled crocodile, gouged out eyes to save 9-year-old friend: report

An 11-year-old Zimbabwean girl said she wrestled a crocodile and gouged out its eyes to save her 9-year-old friend last week, according to a local report.

Rebecca Munkombwe, of the northwestern town of Hwange, heard “screams of help” while swimming in a stream with her friends, The Sunday News reported.

She said she saw her friend Latoya Muwani struggling to stay above the surface and being pulled away.

Munkombwe jumped into the water and realized a crocodile was pulling Muwani in, according to the report. She mounted the crocodile and started gouging the beast’s eyes out until it loosened its grip on her friend, the report said.

Munkombwe pulled her friend to the bank where the other children pulled them to safety, she said. The crocodile did not attack them after it let go of Muwani, the report said.

Munkombwe later told The Sunday News she felt compelled to save her friend because she “was the eldest among the other seven children.”

As she described it, “I jumped into the water and swam to where she was struggling to float. She was screaming in pain that something was biting and pulling her under.”

Doctors reportedly treated the 9-year-old for minor injuries. A staff nurse told The Sunday News that she suffered no broken bones.

Steve Chisose, a local councilor, said lack of access to water has forced people to seek it from “unprotected sources such as these crocodile-infested streams.”

He continued, “The women are usually accompanied by their children who get naughty and end up swimming in these water bodies.”

https://www.foxnews.com/world/zimbabwe-girl-crocodile-gouges-eyes-wrestle

A "Latoya" in Africa????? And crocs have eyelids and I don't think they're wont to let go of anything. My skeptic streak says this sounds like fake news.

. children who get naughty and end up swimming in these water bodies.”

Naughty, you have to love that word useage.
That would be a tough consequence for being naughty.

my thoughts to, a very small croc with the very little damage to the girl. a larger one would have had the small girl under in a few seconds.

Sounds like a come on to hunt crocs. I seriously doubt an 11 year old girl would "mount a croc and gouge its eyes out." That ain't no pony, Sweetheart.

Reactions: HWL
Another Hwange hero wrestles crocodile
04 NOV, 2019 - 11:11

Fairness Moyana in Hwange

IT is either the people of Hwange in Matabebeland North Province have mastered the art of fighting crocodiles or the reptiles whose sight usually send shivers down the spines of many, have grown weak.

Barely a week after an 11 year-old girl from Hwange Town attracted world attention after she plunged into a stream and jumped on top of a crocodile before gouging its eyes to rescue a nine-year-old friend who had been gripped by the reptile, another resident of the coal mining town, this time a 13-year-old boy from St Mary’s also miraculously escaped from the jaws of a huge crocodile.

This was after the teenage boy, Proud Ngwenya fought the reptile which was trying to drag him under the water by kicking it and stabbing it with a stick while his friend was at hand to pelt it with stones. A Sunday News crew visited Proud at St Patrick’s Hospital last week where he is being treated for injuries he sustained from the bruising battle with the crocodile.

“We were fishing in water at Kalope Dam when I felt some sharp pain as something gripped my leg. I tried to pull away but there I discovered that I was being dragged to the deep ends. That is when I realised that I had been bitten by a crocodile. I alerted my friend before I started kicking and stabbing the crocodile with a stick while my friend was also pelting it with stones. Eventually it released me but it had torn a chunk of flesh from my leg before hitting me with its tail and this is how I sustained some of the injuries,” he said showing his bandaged foot.

Proud said although he was recovering, he was still in great pain. His grandmother, Mrs Siphelile Ncube has since appealed for help to buy medication for Proud.

“He has been admitted here for five days now and although he is recovering, he is still in pain from the attack. We are struggling to raise money to buy the required medication those who can assist can contact me on 0775438372,” she said.

Change ward councillor, Bakani Kwidini said authorities need to act to prevent or reduce the increase in human wildlife conflict in rural communities.

“It’s a sad and regrettable incident as it could have resulted in the loss of life. I’m yet to get finer details on the issue as I was out. But overally we need to seek ways of mitigating this human/wildlife conflict which is on the increase,” he said.

Villagers from areas with crocodile attacks on people and livestock include Matetsi, Kamativi, St Mary’s, Gwayi, Madumabisa and Sinderela.

ZimParks spokesperson Mr Tinashe Farawo could not immediately comment on the incident involving the 13-year-old boy but said his organisation was carrying out awareness campaigns to educate the public on the dangers associated with water bodies.

“All water bodies can become habitats to crocodiles, it’s not to Hwange. However, we are carrying out awareness campaigns aimed at educating people on the dangers these water bodies may cause. We actually have a department dedicated to doing that. We are saying people should be careful when they are close to water bodies,” he said.

https://www.sundaynews.co.zw/another-hwange-hero-wrestles-crocodile/

Reactions: ack
As has been gone through in that other thread this has been going on for thousands of years and is a regular occurrence. People and kids know there are crocs there....same as crossing a road you know cars use it......you are food to them that's it simple. ....especially in places where fish stocks are being annihilated. ...as the DC couple of years ago near us told a meeting when people complained about Croc attacks..... (he had spent.the weekend on the river fishing and hadn't caught anything ) "they have to eat something as you have hardly left any fish ".....our scouts attending.the meeting came back laughing and said not what the people expected to hear.....but how it is on a lot of places. ...they take people out of canoes as well so one of the risks you take entering their environment. As for poking them in the eyes possibly it works but someone I know with first hand experience said he tried it and didn't work....only when he forced his other arm down its throat and opened the flap that closes off the throat did it let him go....and he was a grown man.who was reaching the end of his strength in that fight. ...

as before, a simple fence of heavy chicken pen wire would cut the attacks to just about zero if they stay inside the fence, but alas they will not and the fence wire would soon end up sold for scrap.

"The Eyes Have It!"

South Africa: Limpopo Woman Dies After Crocodile Attacks Her While Crossing River On Her Way to Church.

A woman from Mokwete village near Jane Furse, Limpopo, has died after being attacked by a crocodile while crossing the Lepelle (Olifants) River from Tsimanyane village to attend a church service in the neighbouring Kolokotela village.

Tumelo Makunyanewho, an eyewitness, says he was with the victim at the time of the attack.

He says Mavis Mohlala, 39, and Mpho Mohlala, 28 (no relation) made their way to church, crossing the river at about 19:00 on Saturday, October 5.

They were about to finish crossing the river when Mavis raised their eyebrows, shouting "Help! Help!" as a crocodile started dragging her back into the water.

Makunyane said they rushed back to the river. Mpho used a stick and poked the crocodile in the eyes to chase it off.

https://allafrica.com/stories/201910150208.html

Other than sticking your only free arm into the mouth of a hungry crocodile, what part of this living dinosaur could you attack with a stick and have any hope of distracting it enough to let you go??? Gouging the eyes of a human attacker is a commonly taught self-defense tactic.

When the time comes I'll "poke" my Dinosaur with a 300gr Nosler accubond

points-vitaux-chasse-05.jpg

Excellent bullet.

Many of the indigenous Africans I have met over the years are great story tellers. Their formerly verbal only history has contributed to this ability, and it has been honed over the generations. Any story worth telling is worth embellishing. Local, and even Western media report some tall tales....................FWB

i think many people go missing in Africa,s out back that no one knows for sure what happened to them, there are many ways to go missing and croc,s are but one.

Florida man attacked by large alligator airlifted to hospital with ‘substantial injury,’ authorities say.

A Florida man suffered a “substantial injury to his leg” when a large alligator attacked him at a wildlife reserve on Saturday, authorities said.

The unnamed man was airlifted to a hospital after rescuers located him in a heavy marsh area at the DuPuis Management Area, a reserve that spans southwestern Martin County and northwestern Palm Beach County, the Martin County Sheriff’s Office said.

A witness said the gator was around 10 feet long, according to the sheriff’s office.

It was unclear what the victim was doing in the reserve when the gator attacked, but the area is known for recreational activities like hunting, fishing, camping and hiking.

Florida wildlife officials were investigating the incident.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!