Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
This is great to see. Especially in Texas Monthly.

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA,
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Congrats and keep up the good work. You have a great venue.

audience-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Ragman

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada(Sask./B.C.), Namibia, RSA(Eastern Cape) USA(Texas)
I don't see the scaled quail on your list? I was almost certain Justin and I saw some run through a fenced hedge row!
One thing that my granddaughter and I enjoyed was seeing the roadrunners. She had never seen one and I hadn't seen one in many years! A quite exotic unique bird! Also great to have in snake country since they eat them!
Seeing the birds down there that we don't have up north was one of the highlights of my trip to the Rockin' G. Especially the roadrunners like you said. Once when driving through Quiteque (don't know if I spelled that right!) I saw one running through a yard and it looked just like a scene from a movie where the main character is passing through a near deserted southwestern town! Other species that I don't get to see at home included the quail and cardinals. And the turkeys...wow! Very, very cool place.

AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Alaska,lower 48
Erik Congratulations!!!! that is a very big deal, all your hard work is acknowledged in making it into this monthly Texas magazine.

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
I don't see the scaled quail on your list? I was almost certain Justin and I saw some run through a fenced hedge row!
One thing that my granddaughter and I enjoyed was seeing the roadrunners. She had never seen one and I hadn't seen one in many years! A quite exotic unique bird! Also great to have in snake country since they eat them!
Yessir, we do have scalies but they are so few and far between anymore I don’t list them. They are about as common as mountain lion which we do have as well but extremely unlikely to see one and even less likely to get a shot at one.

Carrie

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Congratulations!!!!!!!! So super proud of you!!!!!! Love hunting at the Rockin G!!!!!!!!

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Congrats Erik, a reward for the hard work you obviously put into it :D Cheers:

Ridge Runner

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
East Cape, South Africa
Congratulations on receiving such an honor.

jacques smith

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Well done Eric I didn’t realize u were so far north in Texas. What is closest town to your lodge? Again congrats

MarkB

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Member of
NFA, SCI, DU, CCFR, BCWF, African Gazete
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SA, Namibia, BC, AB, Ont
Good job gizmo. I never saw armadillo on the list? The "one" I would be after.

PS I know a guy that could "play" secretary for hunted species pay?? Haha

Way to go, I would like a Texas hunt someday. Need this Covid to go.

MB

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Well done Eric I didn’t realize u were so far north in Texas. What is closest town to your lodge? Again congrats
Well the closet town is Turkey Texas. Outside of that there is f$%k all really within an hours drive.

Troubleshooter

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
USA, Canada, West Germany, Romania
Congratulations on making the list. That really is a great confirmation of all the hard work that has been done by you, Kris, and the rest of the crew there.

jacques smith

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Looked it up—- 719 miles. Turkey?? That’s funny. Scimitar oryx is on my short list

kevin masters

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
us mexico alaska south africa
congratulations man!!! from everything I've read on here it is well deserved!
I turkey hunted on the pitchfork which lays beside the king. That was many years before
I found AH. :D Cheers:

Buffalo1

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Pope & Young Club; DSC; SCI; Ms Bowhunters Assoc
Hunted
Congrats !! very nice honor.

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Hunted
Congratulations!!! I may need to look into booking a hunt, since Africa seems unlikely for me this year.
We’d love to have you.

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Hunted
Congratulations Gizmo for your work in conservation! How has the recent weather affected your animals?
We have been very fortunate to get out with minimal loss. Our animals are climatized to the weather up here and we stay significantly colder than the rest of Texas in the winter. It was tough for sure by most everything did just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Humberto54

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?