Huge News!!!!

This is great to see. Especially in Texas Monthly.

Congrats and keep up the good work. You have a great venue.

audience-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see the scaled quail on your list? I was almost certain Justin and I saw some run through a fenced hedge row!
One thing that my granddaughter and I enjoyed was seeing the roadrunners. She had never seen one and I hadn't seen one in many years! A quite exotic unique bird! Also great to have in snake country since they eat them!
Seeing the birds down there that we don't have up north was one of the highlights of my trip to the Rockin' G. Especially the roadrunners like you said. Once when driving through Quiteque (don't know if I spelled that right!) I saw one running through a yard and it looked just like a scene from a movie where the main character is passing through a near deserted southwestern town! Other species that I don't get to see at home included the quail and cardinals. And the turkeys...wow! Very, very cool place.

Erik Congratulations!!!! that is a very big deal, all your hard work is acknowledged in making it into this monthly Texas magazine.

I don't see the scaled quail on your list? I was almost certain Justin and I saw some run through a fenced hedge row!
One thing that my granddaughter and I enjoyed was seeing the roadrunners. She had never seen one and I hadn't seen one in many years! A quite exotic unique bird! Also great to have in snake country since they eat them!
Yessir, we do have scalies but they are so few and far between anymore I don’t list them. They are about as common as mountain lion which we do have as well but extremely unlikely to see one and even less likely to get a shot at one.

Congratulations!!!!!!!! So super proud of you!!!!!! Love hunting at the Rockin G!!!!!!!!

Congrats Erik, a reward for the hard work you obviously put into it :D Cheers:

Congratulations on receiving such an honor.

Well done Eric I didn’t realize u were so far north in Texas. What is closest town to your lodge? Again congrats

Good job gizmo. I never saw armadillo on the list? The "one" I would be after.

PS I know a guy that could "play" secretary for hunted species pay?? Haha

Way to go, I would like a Texas hunt someday. Need this Covid to go.

MB

Well done Eric I didn’t realize u were so far north in Texas. What is closest town to your lodge? Again congrats
Well the closet town is Turkey Texas. Outside of that there is f$%k all really within an hours drive.

Congratulations on making the list. That really is a great confirmation of all the hard work that has been done by you, Kris, and the rest of the crew there.

Looked it up—- 719 miles. Turkey?? That’s funny. Scimitar oryx is on my short list

congratulations man!!! from everything I've read on here it is well deserved!
I turkey hunted on the pitchfork which lays beside the king. That was many years before
I found AH. :D Cheers:

Congratulations Gizmo for your work in conservation! How has the recent weather affected your animals?

Congrats !! very nice honor.

Congratulations!!! I may need to look into booking a hunt, since Africa seems unlikely for me this year.
We’d love to have you.

Congratulations Gizmo for your work in conservation! How has the recent weather affected your animals?
We have been very fortunate to get out with minimal loss. Our animals are climatized to the weather up here and we stay significantly colder than the rest of Texas in the winter. It was tough for sure by most everything did just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RosalineCl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg