Howzit!

Bundu

Reaction score
Website
www.africa4x4cafe.com
Hi Guys!
Lived and worked in the photographic & hunting safari business' in Zim; enviro & tourism in SA and even had a lil bit of a 4x4 business in Kenya. Now in the UK training to be a teacher. Really sad that the world is changing and the opportunities for adventure are diminishing at a breakneck pace!

Hope to add to the pool of info found here and learn the odd thing or two along the way.

Welcome to the AH Bundu , you will love being on here.

Monish

Welcome to AH Bundu! I look forward to reading your posts. You've made a drastic move from the bush to the UK, are you looking at moving back to Africa to teach some day?

Absolutely! We still have a home in Bulawayo and so try to spend a few weeks there every year (just to get our balance again), so we will be off again in July/august.

Might even get some time in the bush - don't know about any hunting though - its getting a bit expensive (makes me appreciate how lucky I was in those golden years of 91-95!).

Ultimately we hope to go back permanently in a few years - just gotta put some money behind us.

Once you've lived in Africa, going back is always on your mind until you can return.

Welcome Bundu. It's a big difference living in Zim versus England, but is Bulawayo still livable these days? I would love to hear more stories and updates from Zim.

Welcome to the AH forum Bundu.

Bundu welcome to AH again , please share some of your hunting experiences with us ,as you have been in the country where lot of hunters dream to be.
What calibers have you been using and what was the best trophy you have procured during your long stint with the hunting profession ??

Monish

You flatter me! I am not and never have been a PH. I trained as a Learner Professional Hunter/Guide in Zimbabwe but never wrote my learner's. I just spent a couple of years working and living amongst Zimbabwe's hunting & guiding community.

However I have never taken a trophy animal - so although I have assisted on several lion hunts, approached Buff and Ele on foot (and belly) in order to get into a good shooting position, done PAC on Elephant, tracked Rhino and caught crocs - I have always I've either hunted for the pot or for PAC (Problem Animal Control).

However this is not where I got most of my bush experience - I actually worked as an anti-poaching scout for 12 months - living in the bush adjoining Hwange National Park (Gwayi Valley) - patrolling on foot using mobile fly-camps mainly in the pursuit of indigenous subsistence poachers and the occasional Zambian Rhino poacher. So I'm really a hunter with a small h not a capital H!

And I've only ever used 3 calibres: .375, 30-06 and 12 gauge! So I am rather a poor excuse for a hunter...that's why I've come here to hunt vicariously!

Thanks Bundu for the inside story of yours, and Man : its comendable you have experienced it allll what a rifle totting hunter on a 21 day safari will never , that is what is the real wild side of AFRICA and you have seen and dealt with the situation most precarious.

And you used very fine calibers:::

Thanks Again & Happy hunting

Monish

Hi ! Bundu ,

So whats up ?? have any palns for African hunts this year ??

Monish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eye4aneye

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!