Howdy from SC

Hey Steve, welcome to AH!

Nothing wrong with joining more forums—just means more great conversations with like-minded folks. Nilgai in Texas is definitely a solid hunt, and who knows? That dream of Buffalo and Leopard in Africa might just become a reality one day!


I’m really into reloading as well—there’s something satisfying about fine-tuning loads to maximize a rifles true potential. Looking forward to hearing more from you!
 
Hey Steve, welcome to AH!

Nothing wrong with joining more forums—just means more great conversations with like-minded folks. Nilgai in Texas is definitely a solid hunt, and who knows? That dream of Buffalo and Leopard in Africa might just become a reality one day!


I’m really into reloading as well—there’s something satisfying about fine-tuning loads to maximize a rifles true potential. Looking forward to hearing more from you!
I absolutely love playing with loads to get it right. One of the joys of retirement. also love examine recovered bullets for weight retention, expansion and penetration.
 
I absolutely love playing with loads to get it right. One of the joys of retirement. also love examine recovered bullets for weight retention, expansion and penetration.
That's is fantastic, I always enjoy hearing people furthering their knowledge in ammunition.

As a 07 FFL weapons manufacturer who specializes in ammunition, I've spent a lot of time on learning and developing ammunition for various reasons.

Do you focus on any specific caliber?
 
Depends on what rifle I have at the time. Started with a Remington 760 30-06. I remember when my buddies with iron sight 35 Remingtons bet me I couldn't hit the 1 inch bull at 100 and kept laughing until we walked up and there I was in the black! 25-06, 6.5x55, 300 Win, 7 mm Wby, 45-70, 338 WM, 6.5x55AI, 338-06, 6.5 PRC , 6.5 Creedmore, 22 Hornet, 223, 22-250, 280 AI, 9.3x57.
My financial situation has dictated having to trade to get the next projest so now I just have a 338-06, 280AI, 6.5x55AI that I shoot regularly.
 
Plains game packages can be done for $5K (or less) all in (including air fare from US east coast) except taxidermy. Four animals. You will see 100X more than what you can shoot.
 
Welcome to AH! We look forward to you sharing your stories!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,361
Messages
1,574,180
Members
169,919
Latest member
BUILonna63
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top