Howdy from San Diego

Andy.

Welcome aboard and I wish you the best.

I am not so sure that much can be gleaned from my yammering, but some of it's funny.

About the best suggestion I can offer is to just not let anything get up ever. Keep shooting and reloading until ot ain't even quivering anymore.

Hello and welcome! Have a blast with KMG!

San Diego? Well that’s just a suburb of Phoenix come July! Just kidding mostly, do love making my way to old town and PB in the summer. Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH Andy! You're in for a treat.

Welcome to our place Andy

Welcome aboard Andy. What do you have on the menu? Will you be taking your own rifle(s)? Don't try to shoot everything you see. Why, you might ask? the answer is simple, you need to save something for you second, third and subsequent trips. No, I'm not kidding. I hope you are getting some practice shooting off sticks, you will be expected to use them in Africa. Rest assured that you are in for a treat! Hunting in Africa is like nothing you've ever done before. I'll be looking for your story and photos in a few months.

Welcome to AH.

Welcome, good luck and shoot straight on your trip to SA

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH !

Welcome Andy, the buffalo in my avatar was taken with Marius, your going to love it there. Enjoy!

New guy here, been reading up for a while. Booked my first safari with KMG for this July.
Looking forward to learning from you all.

You will have a grand adventure! Good luck.

Thank you for the kind welcome. I will primarily be pursuing kudu and bushbuck, with blesbok, impala, and zebra on the list as well. And I will probably take the advice from here of "taking what Africa offers" if something nice turns up.
I bought some sticks, and started shooting off of them. Not bringing a rifle, as my wife and I are stopping off in Germany and the Czech Republic on the way home, and I want to keep it simple for the first go.
I think part of the attraction of Africa is looking at all of the possibilities - I can already envision several more trips: father/son, father/daughter, father/son/grandfather, archery, handgun, etc. Beest slam, buffalo, etc. Let alone all of the other areas and countries.
Just need to hit that Lotto, or perhaps continue working for a few more years..and I haven't even been there yet...

Welcome to this great forum Andy! Enjoy the site!

Welcome to AH Andy! Nice to have you on the site and we look forward to you sharing your stories!

If we can be of any assistance with US Customs or shipping, please call, email, or send me a message!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZaneDenova

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg