Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
Although our plans have been extended under the current climate, it nevertheless takes time to plan a safari anyway. We plan to do two to three Africa hunts per year, and it looks to be about 6 months gestation for each, so there is planning overlap. I find that it isn't just a question of diving in and booking, that part takes mere days or hours, but there is such pleasure in the pondering, discussing, researching. Out here in wilder Africa there aren't the fabulous hunting shops, so if you want something specific you either make it, or order online, and that can take a month or more to arrive. In summary, hunting is not to be rushed, the process is to be savoured, and annoying as these current delays are we can chalk some of it up to enjoyment.

Kevin, planning is indeed part of the fun. Living where you do, I'm surprised that you only plan on taking two or three hunts per year. If not for trophies, for biltong.

Hi Shootist43, I hear you and hope to increase the hunts when I fully retire in a few years. The other limiting factor is cost, we pay the same as you do, so all us locals save is a trans Atlantic airfare! I must admit though that with Corona there have been a few local specials on offer later in the year when we will be able to travel internally but before international flights open up. I recently travelled to Scotland to stalk a stag, which was great. I would also like to visit the USA for an elk hunt one day, your big sky country sounds wonderful.

We plan our hunts about 2 years in advance.
Our next trip to Africa is 2022 and we booked this past January.
Gives us time to get up to speed with our guns and gear.
Also as you said, to savor the flavor of the upcoming hunt.

We were just talking this afternoon about what other animals we would like.
And where we would put them...:rolleyes:

Good luck on your future hunts.

I bought my last here on AH in mid January 2020, left out mid February back March 1. Got lucky to make it back before lock down. Not my normal mode but great deal and terrific hunt with super land owner and PH. First trip was 2 years out in planning.

Wow trophthunter01, that was cutting it fine, carpe diem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HalinaKers

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you