How many here have Double Rifles with Sling Studs?

SAFARIKIDD

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
TANZANIA..ZIM..BOTSWANA....NAMBIA
I have had them both ways just curious and if from factory or you had them installed ?
Screenshot_2015-06-21-00-05-39-1.jpg

BERETTA SS06 .458WM O/U FACTORY INSTALLED.

Got mine coming with sling studs installed from factory. Figured better to have and rarely use than to not have them and wish I did

I have swivel studs on all my doubles.

When on a long stalk I will use sling until we get close. Once the PH verifies my rifle is loaded, I remove the sling, roll it up, and set it on the ground. A tracker will pick it up and return it later.

Better to have it and not need it,
than to need it and not have it...

If you don't have a sling stud, but really want to use a sling, check out the loop sling from specialty outdoor products. Works like a charm.

I have had them both ways just curious and if from factory or you had them installed ? View attachment 537931
I also think at least for me…why have a sling on a DR comes into this question. For me it is not so much about carrying the rifle as much as it is using the sling when I am forced to fire off hand at a shorter distance defined as I just can’t set up sticks for several potential reasons and I want a more stable rest. Otherwise I am comfortable carrying my DR over my shoulder

All.

'have one with 1 sling stud and half a sling. I bought it from Rain Man who previously purchased it from Forrest Gump (and Stevie Wonder prior). Quoting a friend I used to work with: "That, and $3 will get you a cup of coffee." It's whatever you want. Mark Sullivan might disagree. LOL Capstick used a Sling and TWO studs!!! LOL Are you in-fact Uncle Mike??? lol

Mine came with them.

All my hunting rifles have sling studs. Including my Merkel and Beretta double barrel rifles. I’d add sling studs to a rifle that came without.

My VC came with the front one only, not kidding. I fitted a back one because I am not good at vertical carry.

My VC came with the front one only, not kidding. I fitted a back one because I am not good at vertical carry.

I believe a rifle coming with only the front one is quite typical for the more bespoke rifles and guns. It allows the local gunsmith to make all the necessary adjustments to the stock, to have it fitted perfectly to the client, and only then install the rear stud. The piece should however have come with the rifle.

I had mine equipped with sling studs before delivery, have sling studs on all my guns except for the smooth bores.

T&L Pryse and JP Sauer and Sohn,
Both pre-1900 and both with factory sling swivels.

Have them factory installed

My Krieghoff and Chapuis came with studs. All the reasons mentioned before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross