How many here have Double Rifles with Sling Studs?

SAFARIKIDD

AH elite
Joined
Jul 17, 2020
Messages
1,126
Reaction score
1,917
Location
Louisiana
Media
130
Articles
1
Hunted
TANZANIA..ZIM..BOTSWANA....NAMBIA
I have had them both ways just curious and if from factory or you had them installed ? [emoji848][emoji1783][emoji233][emoji233]
Screenshot_2015-06-21-00-05-39-1.jpg
 
BERETTA SS06 .458WM O/U FACTORY INSTALLED.
 
Got mine coming with sling studs installed from factory. Figured better to have and rarely use than to not have them and wish I did
 
I have swivel studs on all my doubles.

When on a long stalk I will use sling until we get close. Once the PH verifies my rifle is loaded, I remove the sling, roll it up, and set it on the ground. A tracker will pick it up and return it later.

Better to have it and not need it,
than to need it and not have it...
 
If you don't have a sling stud, but really want to use a sling, check out the loop sling from specialty outdoor products. Works like a charm.
 
I have had them both ways just curious and if from factory or you had them installed ? [emoji848][emoji1783][emoji233][emoji233]View attachment 537931
I also think at least for me…why have a sling on a DR comes into this question. For me it is not so much about carrying the rifle as much as it is using the sling when I am forced to fire off hand at a shorter distance defined as I just can’t set up sticks for several potential reasons and I want a more stable rest. Otherwise I am comfortable carrying my DR over my shoulder
 
All.
 
'have one with 1 sling stud and half a sling. I bought it from Rain Man who previously purchased it from Forrest Gump (and Stevie Wonder prior). Quoting a friend I used to work with: "That, and $3 will get you a cup of coffee." It's whatever you want. Mark Sullivan might disagree. LOL Capstick used a Sling and TWO studs!!! LOL Are you in-fact Uncle Mike??? lol
 
Mine came with them.
 
All my hunting rifles have sling studs. Including my Merkel and Beretta double barrel rifles. I’d add sling studs to a rifle that came without.
 
My VC came with the front one only, not kidding. I fitted a back one because I am not good at vertical carry.

I believe a rifle coming with only the front one is quite typical for the more bespoke rifles and guns. It allows the local gunsmith to make all the necessary adjustments to the stock, to have it fitted perfectly to the client, and only then install the rear stud. The piece should however have come with the rifle.
 
I had mine equipped with sling studs before delivery, have sling studs on all my guns except for the smooth bores.
 
Just got this double yesterday; Alex Henry finished in 1894…with factory sling studs.
IMG_3217.png
 
T&L Pryse and JP Sauer and Sohn,
Both pre-1900 and both with factory sling swivels.
 
Have them factory installed
 
My Krieghoff and Chapuis came with studs. All the reasons mentioned before.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,945
Members
169,655
Latest member
NehuSinhi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top