How did everyone make out at home this year? Post some pictures

@Longwalker thanks, our deer aren't as big as some of those more northern areas, but there are a lot of them and I felt blessed to get two nice ones this year!

Interestingly I just got a call from my taxidermist and the first deer (11 pt) is 4 1/2 years old (135lbs) and the second deer (8 pt ) is 5 1/2 years old 190lbs These deer were shot from the same stand 2 weeks apart, thats is a pretty big body weight difference to me.

Nice looking deer thriller, congrats!

Deer season is finally over this Wednesday, sad day... but burning season is here, several 100 acres to burn this weekend and turkey season is just around the corner!!! The best of all of the seasons in Lower Alabama.

I got a nice fallow deer

IMG_1673.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice fallow buck. I want one!

Agreed, really nice fallow!

great fallow I hope i can get one like that one of these days, congrats

I took my wife to Austria in November.

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Synergy, that fallow deer is HUGE, he would look really nice on the wall.

Philip, love the Ibex, gorgeous!

Congrats Phillip!

DIY Coues Deer hunt in southern Arizona. We had a great hunt in 2015. I think our drought in AZ may be broken. Hopefully it holds. Spotting mature Coues bucks it typically a difficult eye straining process with long hours spent behind high power binos on tripods. This year we did spend a lot of hours behind our 15x56 glasses but we managed to find over 17 different mature Coues bucks. One of them was a real monster and of course slipped away over a ridge with some does before we could set up a shot. But, we managed to take 4 decent bucks over the course of the 10 day season.

Here they are in the order that they were taken.

My fathers buck.
IMG_1409.JPG

Our hunting partners buck.
IMG_1188 - Copy.JPG

My Coues, I think this is the heaviest horned buck I've ever taken. I have a higher one, but he's not as heavy.
IMG_1235 - Copy - Copy.JPG

My son's last minute buck, he was the long range winner this year.
IMG_1249 - Copy - Copy.JPG

To top off our great year I was lucky to glass up a Mountain Lion. My father had a tag so he decided to take the shot. Here I am with the cat on my pack bringing him out. A surprise to us, a good surprise was that Mountain Lion meat is fantastic easting.
IMG_1211 - Copy - Copy.JPG

Nice coues Vance! I hope to be able to hunt one someday! If I can draw a tag or win the Arizona super raffle one of these days!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg