Historical Collectible - Prototype Electronic Ignition Pistol

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Here is a unique piece that I believe will continue to grow in value and interest over the next century. As you may know, there is a lot of investment by the private sector and military into electronic ignition systems over the past 20 years. Everyone from HK to CVA to Remington have patented or utilized designs for this purpose. In 50 years 90% of the world's small arms will probably utilize such technologies to reduce the weight that comes from primers and cartridges.

In 1979 for Gun Digest there was an article creating such a prototype that is the referenced "prior art" for all of these innovations that are coming forth. The weapon in that article is a 22 caliber pistol that operates on black powder as a prototype. It is nickel plated with hardwood grips and is based on a 22 Hornet barrel and a glow plug.

I'm offering this original pistol and its case for sale along with the documentation and original gun digest article on its creation.

Presently, this is not a high-dollar or 5-figure weapon but it may appreciate a fair amount over time as these technologies become ubiquitous. It's in a somewhat similar light to the original Lefaxcheau action that introduced the breech-loader as a concept. (now a priceless prototype 150+ years later)

I acquired this from the estate of the inventor.

I'm open to reasonable cash offers or trades for the following types of arms, acknowledging that it is of likely high future value but not an extraordinary present value.

Things I'd consider in trade, including trades involving cash in either direction.

-British sporting rifles
-Griffin & Howe, Niedner, Sedgley, Abercrombie, Von Langerke, Lind, and other American Sporting rifles
-Large bore rifles on CRF actions
-British Side by side shotguns
-Pre-64 model 70s and custom rifles built upon that action
-German sporting rifles
IMG_2853.JPG
IMG_2852.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrimKetoBoostsupplement

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.