Hippo mount

How big does a guy's trophy room need to be to have that mount actually fit though? If only I could win that huge lotto jackpot....
 
You can tell bullthrower has the big bucks hunting four color phased hippo at one time. Dam your a high roller cody. ;)(y)
 
My feeling exactly everyone. If it's not the real hide I'd probably not be happy. Think I'll stick with my original thought of having the skull on a pedestal "sitting in water" and incorporating an 8x10 picture frame into the pedestal.
 
How big does a guy's trophy room need to be to have that mount actually fit though? If only I could win that huge lotto jackpot....
I'm basically out of room. Lol. My house in Georgia will work out better for me. More room
 
I was talking about the amazing multi colored dream. Ginormous!
 
You can tell bullthrower has the big bucks hunting four color phased hippo at one time. Dam your a high roller cody. ;)(y)
Bill,
It was easy to collect them, hard feeding them, the basturds are Hungry Hungry! Lol
 
So I should shoot 4 of them, get their heads mounted, put one on each wall and put some volleyballs on the floor in the middle of the room?
 
So I should shoot 4 of them, get their heads mounted, put one on each wall and put some volleyballs on the floor in the middle of the room?
Eccentric, but a great idea! Lmao. People would think you had lost your mind! My secretary about fell out of her chair laughing.
 
So I should shoot 4 of them, get their heads mounted, put one on each wall and put some volleyballs on the floor in the middle of the room?
Bloody brilliant! Indoor court could be for basketball, volleyball, tennis...almost limitless!


There might just be a reason to do the reproduction mounts after all
 
I was thinking more like the lunch room. They are hungry, after all. And an area rug like this in the middle:
s-l300.jpg

(Best I could find without having one custom made).
 

Attachments

  • s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 161
Although we're straying a bit from the original idea of the thread, it makes me proud we're all on track with this new idea :A Yell:
 
2.jpg


I just found this in another thread. Pretty neat as well, and affords that awesome coffee table to still be an addition. Plus the rest of the hide for other goodies.
 
You could also do a tooth display with that mount, I've seen some cool tooth mounts on hand carved plaques
 
You could also do a tooth display with that mount, I've seen some cool tooth mounts on hand carved plaques
I saw a very cool table done with that tusk display sunken into it under a glass top. The border done in hippo leather. That's what I am going for when I get a hippo;)
 
Johnny when the time comes holler at me, I can certainly do that and may be able to save you a few bucks, idk just have to see what cost would be associated with it. If you plan on hunting here at some time in the future you could pick it up and save on shipping. Just have to put some thought in it.
 
I saw a very cool table done with that tusk display sunken into it under a glass top. The border done in hippo leather. That's what I am going for when I get a hippo;)
Pictures bob?
 
Johnny when the time comes holler at me, I can certainly do that and may be able to save you a few bucks, idk just have to see what cost would be associated with it. If you plan on hunting here at some time in the future you could pick it up and save on shipping. Just have to put some thought in it.
Erick let's talk for sure. Not concerned with shipping costs to be honest. Call me when you have time
 
Erick let's talk for sure. Not concerned with shipping costs to be honest. Call me when you have time
Ok for sure. I'll give you a holler tomorrow if that's ok.
 
Sure thing bud
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,595
Members
169,377
Latest member
CoralTyt26
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top