Hi from Cornwall

bowjijohn

AH fanatic
Joined
Oct 27, 2020
Messages
880
Reaction score
3,532
Media
3
Articles
1
Good morning

I am of Rhodesian extraction now living in Cornwall UK

I'm very privileged to work periodically at a private hunting reserve in Mozambique

Amongst other calibres I'm the proud owner of two rifles built for me based upon Mauser 98 actions - one in 9.3 x 62 the other in 404 Jeff
 
G’day, From Australia
 
Hello Bowjijohn,
Welcome to AH. I still live in Zimbabwe, have a Ruger No1 in 375 H&H, a Verney Carron O/U double in 385 Flanged and a Marlin in 30-30. Zim is like heaven, 3 to 4 hunts a year. All good.
 
Hello and welcome!
 
Welcome to AH
 
Welcome to AH.
 
Welcome to AH bowjijohn!
 
Welcome aboard Bowjijohn. I like, and maybe even envy your part-time gig, but I like your rifles even better. You are a lucky man my friend. How about some stories and photos of your previous hunts? Do you have both rifles in England?
 
Both are in the UK and both permitted for use here for deer hunting (it is called stalking here).

getting ‘permission for use’ is a big deal in the UK as every firearm purchase and every calibre must be approved by the police.

the 9.3 is used for shooting for the pot the 404 (a recent addition) is yet to be used but will serve as a DG rifle and as a ‘modest’ charge stopper when running conservation and anti poaching courses in Moz
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Hello bowjijohn,

Khomas Highland Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Giday bowjijohn and welcome to the A H forums.
 
Welcome to AH !
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,440
Messages
1,576,394
Members
170,574
Latest member
VerenaMore
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top