Heym vs Kriegsoff Double Rifles

IMG_9872.JPG
IMG_9873.JPG
Well early this year in Germany a 20-year old Heym 80 B double barrel rifle in 9,3x74R exploded. Luckily nothing happened to the hunter. I believe another 80 B blew up. Use caution when handling that rifle...

Hmmm, I'll email my POC at Heym and see if he has heard of this incident

Wow

:A Blowup::E Horrified:

Hmmm, I'll email my POC at Heym and see if he has heard of this incident

Of course Heym knows about it. You'll find the story in German hunting magazines and forums.

Hmmm. Very uncommon that a well made modern rifle just blows up. Especially a very high quality 20 year old double rifle in a medium bore. Not saying impossible, not saying it didn't happen. It is just not the most probable scenario that it just "blew up".
I wish I could read German...

Google translate gives

FROM THE WILD AND HUND-TESTREVIER:
At the November hunting in the test center, the rifle of the double rifle from the later
Hunting king. We hacked at the manufacturer how this could happen.

In front of Uwe Beuschel is already a dead Damal. For him, an optimal start of the cross-border pushing hunt on 5 November 2016 in the WILD AND HUND-Testrevier. Half an hour after the fallow deer, he saw in the spruce forest behind him two broodlings
change his stand. The wild pigs are trolling at a distance of about five meters. The 48-year-old bakes his double-jaw and goes on to the first youngling. Shot. The sow rolls and remains lying. In the same moment he moves on, aims at the second. It bangs loudly. Too loud. Hot gases are exploding in front of the Brackenführer's face. The falling rain drops he hears only muted.

Uwe Beuschel is fortunate: hunting king and, above all, healthy at the time of cooking

in the corner of his eye he sees the young man hissing away. The experienced hunter can not say whether he has drawn. He lowers the gun. There is a gap between the bundles of bladders and the collision, from which the brass ends of the cartridges flash. He looks disbelievingly at his broken double-jaw.
Carefully, the officer gropes his face, checking his hands for blood. Nothing, thank God. Also the rest of the body is undamaged. Only the ears are ringing. A short call to the huntsman Heiko Hornung and a replacement weapon is organized. The chase can go on for him. The 20-year-old and well-maintained Heym double rifle "80 B" in the caliber 9.3 x 74 R is being looked at at the rally. On the right and left the baskline is almost rectilinear. Slight rust spots are visible at the edges of the fracture. The tread seems undamaged. Beuschel has had bullets with factory clearance from Brenneke. It is lined up, speculated and asked.
We wanted to know it exactly and asked for the manufacturer Heym. "After the weapon came to us, we took it directly under the microscope," says the managing director Manfred Eisenbrand. The results show that it was probably a material defect. "We have handed over the basics to the review of DEVA. The first analysis showed that the metal structure is unnaturally coarse at the site. I would guess it is related to the heat treatment of the basics. However, we can only make a final assessment after the final results, "explains Bernd Helbig, a 40-year rifle master at Heym. These are expected to be available in a few weeks.
"The rustiness on the edges of the fracture is probably due to the high humidity." The rustle is torn, "explains Eisenbrand. Restoration or reuse of parts of the weapon is excluded. "We were able to research that the weapon left the factory of Friedrich Wilhelm Heym GmbH in Münnerstadt in 1994," explains Eisenbrand. "In 1998 the new company Heym AG was founded. At that time we were obliged to provide spare parts and carry out repairs. We did not take over the guarantees. "

On both sides the baseline was almost linear (see also large picture).
In general, however, there is no danger with the double bush "80 B". According to the manufacturer, this is the first known case. How the Gleichamberger had agreed with Beuschel, was not known prior to editorial deadline.

Very informative! @stug thank you for posting that. I stand corrected :whistle:

I never would have expected that.....especially with a German rifle!

Say it ain't so.:eek:

In the land of Lancaster, Purdey, H&H, Boss, Jeffery, Westley Richards, Anderson Wheeler, Rigby, Fraser, et al.

And your choosing between Teutonic firearms. :whistle:

(y)

In the land of Ford, Chrysler, and GM .....you best by a Mercedes!

:sneaky:

HWL

The K gun is what I am after as soon as I can sell some Class III guns to raise the funds for it. It is safe, it fits me good, and it won't double like the Heym will. Talk about making a guy flinch! No one on here talks about the ingenious anti-doubling feature of the K gun. I had a dealer take it apart and show me and I am sold.
I don't know much about doubles but I thought Heym was less expensive than Kreighoff.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can sell an AK soon because my K gun is waiting on me in San Antonio. .500 NE!
Hope you enjoy whichever one you choose!
Philip

I'm sorry to say but I ended up ordering a sabatti the price was too good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,