Heym Martini Express 404 Jeffrey in route!

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Well.... @Bullthrower338 has earned his ENABLER title once again!
But first let me explain myself.
I have been eyeballing, drooling over, fondling, ect, all sorts of different blued steel and walnut for years. As some of you know, I am a card carrying member of the Big Bore Addiction Club, and have a problem saying no, at times, to such purchasing endeavors.
Some time back I began researching current made 404 Jeffrey rifles. All of you 404 fanatics finally cracked my will, and convinced me that I needed one. So the looking began.
Then one day, I came across the Heym Martini Express in 404. I read several articles about this rifle, and made up my mind that this one would definitely make the short list of rifles I needed to check into.
Well....I went to DSC this weekend, and low and behold, Heym had a booth there. And wouldn't you know it! A couple of beautiful 404s! I handled these rifles, and found them to be the finest feeling bolt rifles I have ever shouldered. The LOP was perfect for me. The fit and finish was as perfect as a rifle can be, and the action is extremely smooth, with an excellent trigger. This was yesterday that I initially handled the rifles.

I told Chris Sells of Heym that I would sleep on it, and let him know today.
I did sleep on it, and mostly talked myself out of it as of this morning.
@Bullthrower338 and I walked all over the gun section today, and I avoided the Heym booth as much as possible, but I ended up slipping away and fondling the goods sometime around noon today. Chris was not there, so I escaped the decision once again.
Then....30 minutes before the show closed I was conveniently lead by the Heym booth by Cody, while making our way toward the exit. That's when I saw Chris standing at the booth. I had to have one more look. But unfortunately (for my bank account) I let the moment get the best of me. I will soon be the owner of a Heym Martini Express 404.
TBC....

Last edited:
And a piece of wood that is gorgeous! He forgot to tell you it isn’t a PH grade!

At that point I tried to talk him down! He was having none of it! I said Toby, don’t be wreckless in this decision! You could much more wisely spend the money on a trip for your girl or a nice fur coat for those cold Georgia summers! Well now he is just going to have to live with himself and a beautiful new 404!
Fine Choice!

Awesome bud, congrats! Look forward to pics!

I had to go look it up, beautiful rifle! (y)

So I am guessing this one will not go on the auction block!

Not for a couple of days anyway...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::rolleyes:o_O

Uh- oh! The will power didn't, I guess. Beautiful piece and welcome to the 404 club. Still waiting on mine.

And a piece of wood that is gorgeous! He forgot to tell you it isn’t a PH grade!

At that point I tried to talk him down! He was having none of it! I said Toby, don’t be wreckless in this decision! You could much more wisely spend the money on a trip for your girl or a nice fur coat for those cold Georgia summers! Well now he is just going to have to live with himself and a beautiful new 404!
Fine Choice!
Nothing better than "woman advice" from the infamous Cody "The Lady Killer" !
I'm sure you still have a few fur coats left over from your last DSC. Or did you lose those with that extra 140 lbs you lost??? :LOL:

Pictures or it didn’t happen! Last time I was looking through Heym’s catalogue I swear the 404 Express President (case colour finish) winked at me. Just in case I’ve been avoiding the catalogue since, I too am a weak man...

Fine Choice!

This is all I have to say about you trying to talk him out of it... :S Horse Shit:.....and Toby congratulations on buying a rifle you might keep.....:A Thumbs Up:

Pictures or it didn’t happen! Last time I was looking through Heym’s catalogue I swear the 404 Express President (case colour finish) winked at me. Just in case I’ve been avoiding the catalogue since, I too am a weak man...
You know....after I left the show, I kicked myself for not taking pictures. I promise when I get it home, there will be a full spread with an article to go with it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieSpei

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.