Heym Martini Express 404 Jeffrey in route!

TOBY458

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Well.... @Bullthrower338 has earned his ENABLER title once again!
But first let me explain myself.
I have been eyeballing, drooling over, fondling, ect, all sorts of different blued steel and walnut for years. As some of you know, I am a card carrying member of the Big Bore Addiction Club, and have a problem saying no, at times, to such purchasing endeavors.
Some time back I began researching current made 404 Jeffrey rifles. All of you 404 fanatics finally cracked my will, and convinced me that I needed one. So the looking began.
Then one day, I came across the Heym Martini Express in 404. I read several articles about this rifle, and made up my mind that this one would definitely make the short list of rifles I needed to check into.
Well....I went to DSC this weekend, and low and behold, Heym had a booth there. And wouldn't you know it! A couple of beautiful 404s! I handled these rifles, and found them to be the finest feeling bolt rifles I have ever shouldered. The LOP was perfect for me. The fit and finish was as perfect as a rifle can be, and the action is extremely smooth, with an excellent trigger. This was yesterday that I initially handled the rifles.

I told Chris Sells of Heym that I would sleep on it, and let him know today.
I did sleep on it, and mostly talked myself out of it as of this morning.
@Bullthrower338 and I walked all over the gun section today, and I avoided the Heym booth as much as possible, but I ended up slipping away and fondling the goods sometime around noon today. Chris was not there, so I escaped the decision once again.
Then....30 minutes before the show closed I was conveniently lead by the Heym booth by Cody, while making our way toward the exit. That's when I saw Chris standing at the booth. I had to have one more look. But unfortunately (for my bank account) I let the moment get the best of me. I will soon be the owner of a Heym Martini Express 404.
TBC....

Last edited:

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
And a piece of wood that is gorgeous! He forgot to tell you it isn’t a PH grade!

At that point I tried to talk him down! He was having none of it! I said Toby, don’t be wreckless in this decision! You could much more wisely spend the money on a trip for your girl or a nice fur coat for those cold Georgia summers! Well now he is just going to have to live with himself and a beautiful new 404!
Fine Choice!

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Awesome bud, congrats! Look forward to pics!

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
I had to go look it up, beautiful rifle! (y)

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
So I am guessing this one will not go on the auction block!

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Not for a couple of days anyway...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::rolleyes:o_O

Newboomer

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, SCI, American Legion, Freemasons
Hunted
RSA, Maine, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, California.
Uh- oh! The will power didn't, I guess. Beautiful piece and welcome to the 404 club. Still waiting on mine.

TOBY458

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
And a piece of wood that is gorgeous! He forgot to tell you it isn’t a PH grade!

At that point I tried to talk him down! He was having none of it! I said Toby, don’t be wreckless in this decision! You could much more wisely spend the money on a trip for your girl or a nice fur coat for those cold Georgia summers! Well now he is just going to have to live with himself and a beautiful new 404!
Fine Choice!
Nothing better than "woman advice" from the infamous Cody "The Lady Killer" !
I'm sure you still have a few fur coats left over from your last DSC. Or did you lose those with that extra 140 lbs you lost??? :LOL:

Opposite Pole

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SSAA; PZŁ, KŁ Sęp
Hunted
Australia, Poland
Pictures or it didn’t happen! Last time I was looking through Heym’s catalogue I swear the 404 Express President (case colour finish) winked at me. Just in case I’ve been avoiding the catalogue since, I too am a weak man...

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england

Fine Choice!
This is all I have to say about you trying to talk him out of it... :S Horse Shit:.....and Toby congratulations on buying a rifle you might keep.....:A Thumbs Up:

TOBY458

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Pictures or it didn’t happen! Last time I was looking through Heym’s catalogue I swear the 404 Express President (case colour finish) winked at me. Just in case I’ve been avoiding the catalogue since, I too am a weak man...
You know....after I left the show, I kicked myself for not taking pictures. I promise when I get it home, there will be a full spread with an article to go with it!

Latest profile posts

Enjoy the bush with Respect
20 day hunt in May 2022 with Zana Botes hard part now starting the wait
Better a fool on his own than a wise man at someone else's discretion
... F. Nietzsche
perry madl wrote on Ignatius of Antioch's profile.
Is your double still available?
I am interested in Safari Animal Paintings