HEYM Field Notes - Practice Makes Perfect

CTDolan

AH elite
Joined
Mar 16, 2015
Messages
1,482
Reaction score
1,728
Location
Minnesota
Media
18
Articles
1
At 1:10, the mother of all flinches.

At 1:35, someone that looks familiar.


Nice little video (theirs on barrel regulation is also nice and has one of the best explanations of the why I’ve seen/heard/read).
 
Dang... I really want a double now!:rolleyes:
 
At 1:10, the mother of all flinches.

At 1:35, someone that looks familiar.


Nice little video (theirs on barrel regulation is also nice and has one of the best explanations of the why I’ve seen/heard/read).

Big flinch on second shot....and what seemed like a poor first shot choice to this guy who has never hunted ele.
 
At 1:10, the mother of all flinches.

At 1:35, someone that looks familiar.


Nice little video (theirs on barrel regulation is also nice and has one of the best explanations of the why I’ve seen/heard/read).

Was that our own Matt85?
 
Big flinch on second shot....and what seemed like a poor first shot choice to this guy who has never hunted ele.

I can’t believe that the PH didn’t hold him back. To try to hit the brain from that angle is about as difficult as it gets.
 
I can’t believe that the PH didn’t hold him back. To try to hit the brain from that angle is about as difficult as it gets.
And obviously yanking on that first trigger again trying to get off the second shot. Really does take a bit of practice to make moving to the second trigger instinctive. One of the best investments a new double rifle owner can make is a SxS shotgun with double triggers and membership at a nearby sporting clays range.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,307
Messages
1,572,362
Members
169,540
Latest member
NonaG07838
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top